The Undefeated (1969)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 150 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by lasbugas.

• Re: The Undefeated (1969)

Just re watched The Undefeated and it's still not among my favourite John Wayne Movies. For me this movie is just a bit too boring and I miss good action scenes. The end scene in Durango is a disappointment. Overall the story had some potential but it's wasted. The music score is quite good and nothing to complain about the cast and the photography. It's always a pleasure to see John Wayne so the movie is watchable but will never be in my top 10 list of Duke Movies.:smile:

dukefan1 wrote:

Here's an example of the book from the movie. Enjoy!

Mark

Mark, this is one of the cheaper books to buy of Duke's movies.
      I have been thinking about getting it. I have seen it for little as 7-10 dollars.

I've had it a good while, so I can't remember exactly what I paid, but it wasn't much. 5 to 7 dollars is a good price, so snatch one up. :teeth_smile:

I have seen this book on ebay with the seller asking 20 dollars or more also. I never waited to see if anyone paid it. I always waited until books came on that had prices more to my liking. Sometimes the wait was long, but I always got what I wanted in the long run.

Mark
      "I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

just watched this film. after reading the reviews on here, i wasn t really expecting much, but i quite enjoyed it - the film had a lot of good points points - for example, the loyalty from his men towards john henry, a bit of romance and comedy. i was a bit disappointed with the way it ended but it showed in the end, friendship was the winner - hope that doesn t sound too cheesy
      "Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

This was a disappointing movie to me. I just didn't think the script was very good, or the acting, especially from the southern characters. The story was weak, and most of all, you just couldn't feel the chemistry from the actors.

I am not a big Rock Hudson fan, but this movie made me a lesser fan of his. I didn't really connect with Blue Boy, or the girl. This movie didn't do much for me.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"
      - John Wayne quote

I posted a reply to this question on IMDb last year in response to him being the one who "won't make Christmas":

- He can also be seen opening his mouth about to say something to John Wayne and Ben Johnson right as Roman Gabriel rides up (several days late) at the "meeting point" after the war. He's also seen walking along with them a couple of minutes later. He has a full, salt and pepper beard. I wondered for many years where he appeared myself, so it was good to finally figure it out! -

I've often wondered whatever happened to Melissa Newman, who played Rock Hudson's daughter in the movie. I remember her guest-starring in several TV westerns in the late 60's/early 70's, often with Sam Elliott. I seem to remember reading (at the time) that she & Sam Elliott were a couple back then. I've Googled her, but most of the responses refer to Paul Newman's daughter, Melissa. She was very beautiful. I wonder why she left acting?