The Green Berets (1968)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 155 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by lasbugas.

• chester7777 wrote:

I would agree that this is a solid, well-acted movie, and the heck with the critics!

While many people in the United States felt we were doing the right thing going into Vietnam, and helping them combat Communism, not many realized how much effort was really made by our military to help the Vietnamese and not just kill them. John Wayne did his best in this movie to try to convey that message.

Chester :newyear:

P.S. Available at, among other places,
      Amazon

Deep Discount DVD (cheaper again!! :lol: )
      Many felt the US invasion of Vietnam was illegal under international law as it violated Chapter VII of the United Nations' Charter.
    • They probably would have had a harder time getting the armed services to help out as much as they did, had not Duke been a major part in the film. I agree that some of the actors didn't look the part, but that is Hollywood. I never let stuff like that ruin a good film for me.

Mark
      "I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "
    • dukefan1 wrote:

They probably would have had a harder time getting the armed services to help out as much as they did, had not Duke been a major part in the film. I agree that some of the actors didn't look the part, but that is Hollywood. I never let stuff like that ruin a good film for me.

Mark
      Surely the army was glad to see any pro-military film made about the Vietnam War? The anti-war protests were well underway by 1967.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="3" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">