The Quiet Man (1952)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 451 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by lasbugas.

• Roland,

In the DVD version, there is a documentary from Leonard Maltin about the movie, and talks about that scene (the first meeting Michaeleen, & the padre) in the movie of being cut on Ford's editing floor. I didn't know about the lines, but knew the subject. I thought that was appropriate to cut, it didn't do anything for the movie, and later we learn that the padre is a betting man anyway.

Thanks for the info on the book. I want to get that book for my collection.

BTW, itdo you're breaking me. If you keep telling me books and documentary vidoes, I will never have any money to pay my bills. lol!

Cheers, Hondo B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"
      - John Wayne quote
    • Roland

Thanks for taking the time to input that little piece of dialogue. However I feel it was a good decision to cut this scene as the way it is on the movie now is perfect although it would make a nice extra. Of course however if I seen the scene I may be tempted to want it put into the film if it is really good. But in my opinion "The Quiet Man" is one of those rare magical movies that should not be touched.

B)
      Regards
      Robbie
    • itdo :rolleyes:
      Thank you for adding in the information :P I have to agree with Robbie and Hondo that I agree with the directors cut B) Which also makes me look a little different at some of the postings on here :unsure: I myself have stated on more than one post on here that I would love to have the cut or unseen footage to alot of John Wayne movies :huh: Well I guess sometimes we are better off not seeing what has been cut :o As a John Wayne fan I guess I would like to find some great lost footage :D It must be because we know how many movies he has made and we have our limits now set <_<
      It's not like being a fan of Samuel L. Jackson or someother living actor that has one, two, or three new movies each year :lol:

Monique ;)
    • Say, do any of you ever watch the "Deleted Scenes" feature on some of the DVDs nowadays? I always watch them, and I have never observed a scene that I think should have been in the movie. IMHO, the call has always been right to leave those deleted scenes just that - deleted.

That said, I would enjoying seeing the movie as the director released it, but I would appreciate having the ability to see the deleted scenes afterwards.

And then there are the outtakes :lol: !

Chester
    • Chester most deleted scenes are cut out becasue they are awful this is true of modern movies but in Dukes case they were cut out becuase of the films running time. The sixth sense has some great scenes that were eventually deleted much to the dismay of the director. Roland has been a great help informing us of what has been deleted from Duke movies which is a good start so that we know what to look for. The next big problem is where to look anyone got any suggestions? :(

B)
      Regards
      Robbie
    • Hi

I spotted this web site while surfing the net and its seeking to find the greatest ever movie made in Ireland so you know which one to vote for.

On this link here you can talk about why you like the movie.

http://www.sluggerotoole.com/archives/2005...php#readcomment

And on this link here you can vote for your favourite Irish movie.

jameson.ie/competition/

So get voting and keep Dukes memory alive on this most fitting of dates.

:agent:

Regards
      Robbie
    • Hi Bill

Hit the second link on my original post and you should be brought up the relevant page.

Where it states choose movie hit the little side arrow and it will bring up a long list simply scroll down that list and hit the quiet man, then just fill in the other details on the page and hit the submit entry at the bottom of the page.

The first link I supplied is a messageboard where people talk about their favourite Irish movie.

Regards
      Robbie
    • Thanks Robbie,

By chance are you Roger? The types of post from Roger sounds a lot like you and you defend TQM well. I put in my vote.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"
      - John Wayne quote
    • Originally posted by Hondo Duke Lane@Jun 12 2005, 02:11 PM
      Thanks Robbie,

By chance are you Roger?  The types of post from Roger sounds a lot like you and you defend TQM well.  I put in my vote.

Cheers  B)
      [snapback]17485[/snapback]

Lol nothing gets by you Mike.

I didn't fancy using my real name on what appears to be an angry and volatile messageboard, I think Davros simply disliked the movie for political reasons which I found disappointing.

Regards
      Robbie

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="3" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">