The Quiet Man (1952)

There are 468 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 379,948 times. The latest Post () was by Steve Cullison.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Gary

It sounds like you may be confused with Mcclintock but we will see what Hondo uncovers from his feedback from Maureen O'hara it would be very interesting if it was true but i don't think it is.

B)

Regards
    Robbie

• Hi

I spotted this web site while surfing the net and its seeking to find the greatest ever movie made in Ireland so you know which one to vote for.

On this link here you can talk about why you like the movie.

http://www.sluggerotoole.com/archives/2005...php#readcomment

And on this link here you can vote for your favourite Irish movie.

http://www.jameson.ie/competition/

So get voting and keep Dukes memory alive on this most fitting of dates.

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Hi Bill

Hit the second link on my original post and you should be brought up the relevant page.

Where it states choose movie hit the little side arrow and it will bring up a long list simply scroll down that list and hit the quiet man, then just fill in the other details on the page and hit the submit entry at the bottom of the page.

The first link I supplied is a messageboard where people talk about their favourite Irish movie.

Regards
    Robbie

• Thanks Robbie,

By chance are you Roger? The types of post from Roger sounds a lot like you and you defend TQM well. I put in my vote.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Lol nothing gets by you Mike.

I didn't fancy using my real name on what appears to be an angry and volatile messageboard, I think Davros simply disliked the movie for political reasons which I found disappointing.

Regards
    Robbie

• Robbie,

Maybe you can enlighten us on something. It seems that your countrymen are not high on The Quiet Man. The question I have is Why are they not high on this movie? Is it due to John Wayne or John Ford? Maybe it's the story line that has stereotyped Ireland or is it something else?

I'm curious about this because I am not there and would like to understand or maybe it's the opinion of a few in your country?

Love to hear your comments.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I added my vote as well.

And as Hondo stated above, I too am curious as to the "dislike" of The Quiet Man.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hey, Robbie what would you say if I told you "Darby O'Gill and The Little People" is my favorite "Irish" movie? :lol: :lol: :lol:

De gustibus non est disputandum

• I've never seen it, Arthur. I'll have to see if I can locate it.

De gustibus non est disputandum