Red River (1948)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 129 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by lasbugas.

• Originally posted by Harold+Sep 23 2006, 05:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Harold @ Sep 23 2006, 05:43 PM)</div>
      <!--QuoteBegin-William T Brooks
      @Sep 23 2006, 08:14 AM

Harold; Keith is right go over to the "Red River" Movie Site for just about everything you want to know about the Film "Red River." :D

That would be OK, but nobody ever looks there!!!!!!
      [snapback]34800[/snapback]

[/b]

Thats not truth! And it is much more convinient to find all materials organized in one place.
      :rolleyes:
    • Well said Vera,

And from the number of posts today alone.
      members are finding that, having the movies in one place is beneficial.
      Earlier this year it became apparent,
      that we couldn't continue, with more and more
      fragmentation, with one topic sometimes
      spurring a dozen different threads!!!!

For the sake of continuity, a decision had to be made,
      to clean up the board, and the Movie Reviews,
      and Off topic discussions, areas for improvement.

It is hoped that all members find things clearer,
      as we strive to improve things, as we go along.

Best Wishes
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England
    • Red River was pretty good I think. My wife liked it too. I think it's by far the best Haward Hawks/John Wayne western as its the only one with it's own plot. All the others (Rio Bravo, Rio Lobo, El Dorado) just recycle the same plot and all have practically the exact same final half hour. So this one must be the best western of the bunch, though I like Hatari! better than any of the other Hawks movies.
      [SIZE=3]That&#39;ll Be The Day[/SIZE]
    • Re: Red River (1948)

Keith,

That's a neat poster. Is it a British one? It's different from these, the third of which (the bottom one) is a 1952 re-issue.

Chester :newyear:
      Files

In the past I've gone to Amazon.com. and checked the new and used column
      to see if, under comments, they indicate it is a colorized version.
      I did this with Red River , through 71 vendors to no avail. You might try calling some of those vendors as they would probably know.

Chester :newyear:

Hi Chester

I think it was from around 2003. I taped it from TV. It has come out quite well surprisingly. Certainly when showing on TV via DVD it is great. I will giving it an airing via DVD projector later on. I have tweeked connections between VCR and DVD recorder and improved sharpness. I am not a real fan of colorised but that is one of the best transfers I have seen.

Mike

Hi

I have a copy of the colourised version of Red River and agree its one of the best of it's type.

I also have the Radio version of Red River with Jeff Chandler playing the Clift role.

My next project is to put the photograps from the film on here.

Heres a taster:

regards

Arthur
      Files
      Walk Tall - Talk Low

Hi

Shortly after Groot and Dunson leave the wagon train they seek smoke coming from the train and that night they are attacked by indians. The next morning Matthew Garth comes out of the trees the only survivor of the wagon train massacre.
      Dunson and Groot take the young lad with them.

Regards

Arthur
      Files
      Walk Tall - Talk Low

Hi

For many days the party travelled south through Texas, they went through country were people thought a good herd of cattle good be raised but Tom Dunson always seemed to find something wrong.

Finally after many days of weary travelling they came to a spot where the land looked good. All day Dunson had been getting off of his horse and feeling and smelling the grass. Suddenly he said' "This is it. This is where we start growing good beef".

Regards

Arthur
      Files
      Walk Tall - Talk Low