The Train Robbers (1973)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 160 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by lasbugas.

• Re: The Train Robbers (1973)

I wish I could remember seeing these posters hanging in the theater, but I wasn't as much of a John Wayne fan then as I am now -

Chester :newyear:
      Files
    • Re: The Train Robbers (1973)

I enjoy this film though while nowhere near his best, it ranks high up there with his most entertaining. I watched this last night and one scene in particular caught my attention and held a lot of meaning for me, the one where he's talking to Ben...

(Paraphrased obviously)
      Ben: I Hope I don't let you down

Wayne: You planning to rob another bank?

Ben: I was thinking I oughta take my horse and get out of here

Wayne: Why didn't you?

Ben: because you'd come after me.

Wayne: Wrong. Ben I hate to break it to ya, but you're a man now and you'll find yourself standing your ground when you oughta runaway, you'll open your mouth when it should be kept closed and you'll find yourself doing what you think is right when others say you're wrong.

and for how it actually played out
      Wayne: "I hate to Tell you this, but whether you like it or not... you're a man and you're stuck with it. You'll find yourself standing your ground, and fighting when you oughta run... speaking out when you oughta keep your mouth shut... doing things that will seem wrong to a lot of people.. but you'll do them all the same."

So close X(

Anyway I have that sound clip should some one want it.
    • Looking for a Train Robbers Quote...

Hello all,

I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I'm looking for a quote from the movie The Train Robbers.
      It is the scene where Ben Johnson and Ann Margart are speaking about the Duke's character, and they are discussing his friendship with the Duke. They talk about walking up a lot of hills with him...

Can someone post the conversation or let me know if there is a place I can check it online???
    • Re: Looking for a Train Robbers Quote...

25 minutes into the movie Ben Johnson(Jessie) and Ann-Margret(Ms Lowe) are sitting around the fire talking about how they all met during he Civil War and there was a situation where 100 men where ordered up a hill at Vicksburg and how only 3 made it to the top, Duke(Lane), Rod Taylor(Grady) and Jessie and then how they have been going up hills with each other ever since. Also just a bit later on you find out the Lane was married but his wife died a year later and they all went up the "hill" with Lane as well.
      Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
      -John Wayne