McLintock! (1963)

There are 136 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 173,130 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Harry,

It's good to see you back!!

Your question has been discussed quite a bit on this board, and you can read that discussion here. I searched quite extensively, and found three threads which discussed mostly the same thing, so I merged them into one, though I didn't merge them with this thread (I didn't want to overwhelm Keith's work here with extensive previous discussion).

Thanks for asking!

Chester :newyear:

• I bought mine at the local Wal-Mart for less than 5 bucks and believe me, you get what you pay for as the video is really awful and yep there it is, good ol' GoodTimes Video. Ah well. Got to go buy the new version.

Stay thirsty my friends.

• The official version now available in Region 1 & 2 are the only versions to buy. The other cheap public domain prints knocking about are really awful and only fit for the bin.

Mike

• It's a good film, although a bit too much talk between the fights. It looks pretty amazing in widescreen on the new edition DVD.

• i ve just watched this and really enjoyed it. the comedy reminded me a bit of big jake. i also thought it was a great performance by maureen o'hara. the background information on the dvd was useful

"Sorry don t get it done, Dude" (Rio Bravo)

Hooked on The Duke

• You're right Badger, always a fan favorite and it always seems to get played at my house 6-8 times a year.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hello, John Wayne fans!
    Are there any other xtras out there who have worked in any of his films? Would love to hear from you . . .
    I've uploaded a webpage with comments of my experience working on the set of McLintock. If you're interested: http://homepage.mac.com/jannb8/wayne

Thanks for the memories. I can only wish that I was there. Glad you decided to make a website to share your experiences.

-John Wayne

• For "McLintock" Newbies:

Newcomers to "McLintock" may not immediately recognize that the plot is based on Shakespeare's play "Taming of the Shrew", later showing up on Broadway and in motion pictures as Cole Porter's musical, "Kiss Me Kate".

As noted in another post the PC media environs has made this film an unpopular choice for network TV viewing.

Jan

Very Best,
    OT Xtras[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]

• This is quite possibly my favorite John Wayne film. I loved it so much, in fact, that I somehow ended up with 3 copies at one point - 1 full screen version and 2 wide screen. The cast works so well together, and I love the inclusion of Jerry Van Dyke. And the chase scene at the end always has me rolling on the floor! The only thing missing was a nice part for Ben Johnson. :wink_smile:

• Does anyone remember the name of the horse the Jerry Van Dyke rode (while drunk) in the race during the 4th of July festival?

I will wait a few days and see if anyone get's it. I know you can watch it, but try and see if you remember. I watched it last night and picked up on it. It's amazing, I have watched that movie atleast 20 times, probably more like 30 and I just now picked that up from the movie.

-John Wayne