McLintock! (1963)

There are 136 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 173,145 times. The latest Post () was by Kevin.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Just re-watched this great movie again. Anyone notice that the McLintock interior shares the color scheme with the inside of the Reata household in "Giant" ? Dark colored staircase, maroon walls, etc.

At first I almost thought they had re-used parts of the set.

• Okay, finally go around to watching McLintock Blu-ray today and watched it with commentary from Michael Wayne, Andrew McLaglen, Micheal Pate, Maureen, Leonard Maltin, Frank Thompson and Stephanie Powers. I must say the picture was really great, and a lot better than the 10 year + DVD I had.

While watching it Stephanie mentioned that Ford took over directing for a week. Is that confirmed? Andrew McLaglen states that's not true. So did John Ford visit the location? Maybe Stephanie was mis-remembering.

• Okay, finally go around to watching McLintock Blu-ray today and watched it with commentary from Michael Wayne, Andrew McLaglen, Micheal Pate, Maureen, Leonard Maltin, Frank Thompson and Stephanie Powers. I must say the picture was really great, and a lot better than the 10 year + DVD I had.

While watching it Stephanie mentioned that Ford took over directing for a week. Is that confirmed? Andrew McLaglen states that's not true. So did John Ford visit the location? Maybe Stephanie was mis-remembering.

I'm no expert by any means, but that's the first I've heard of it. Not sure why he would have... though it happened on other films, she could easily be mistaken.

• From our Trivia section in the opening post.

Although Stefanie Powers claims that John Ford came to the set to direct the movie for a week, Andrew V. McLaglen the director says that it never happened. He says he was there for the entire shoot of the movie.

In addition to this I have cross referenced a couple of books,
    including John Wayne: American
    and there is no mention of this,
    so I wonder if Miss Powers WAS indeed mistaken!!

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited 4 times, last by ethanedwards ().

• Am I the only one shocked to see how well Powers has held up through all these years? Her looks remain incredibly fresh and beautiful without the appearance of a surgeons knife. Really quite amazing.

• I always loved the part where his daughter tells him to shoot Patrick, so he gets a gun (unbeknownst to her, a starter pistol) and shoots him. Her reaction was priceless.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "