Connect The Stars

There are 61 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 32,344 times. The latest Post () was by Duke's Duchess.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Originally posted by Hondo Duke Lane@Feb 26 2006, 05:08 PM
    I didn't realize that this trival was that hard. I know Viper gets them but it seems that no one (except Chester and the Mrs.) can do these. I'll try myself in couple of days if no one is going to do this.

Cheers B)

[snapback]28004[/snapback]

Ahem...I believe I did one also! :P

Here are a few more....

Robert Redford (Jeremiah Johnson) to Ethan Edwards (The Searchers)

Robert Redford (Jeremiah) with Will Geer (Bear Claws Chris Lapp) in Jeremiah Johnson

Will Geer ((Pop Chaney) with Harry Carey Jr. (Cort Hayjack) in Bandolero

Harry Carey Jr. (Brad) with John Wayne (Ethan Edwards) in The Searchers

and....

Nicole Kidman in Cold Mountain to John Wayne in The Horse Soldiers

Nicole Kidman (Ada Monroe) with Donald Sutherland (Reverend Monroe) in Cold Mountain

Donald Sutherland (Pinkley) with Charles Bronson (Wladislaw) in The Dirty Dozen

Charles Bronson (Lt. Velinski) with Steve McQueen ( Hilts) in The Great Escape

Steve McQueen (Chief Michael O'Hallorhan) with William Holden (James Duncan) in The Towering Inferno

William Holden (Major Kendall) with John Wayne (Colonel Marlowe) in The Horse Soldiers

As I said before, this is fun but does take a little searching to put together. Maybe that is why others don't try. Give 'er a shot, folks...ya just might enjoy yourself :D

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

Originally posted by Hondo Duke Lane@Feb 3 2006, 04:00 PM
    Connect:
    5. Mel Gibson -
    Pocahontas to Alleghany Uprising - John Wayne

[snapback]26436[/snapback]

Mel Gibson (voice of John Smith) - Pocahantas - David Ogden Stiers (voice of Gov. Ratcliffe)

David Ogden Stiers (voice of Cogsworth) - Beauty and the Beast - Angela Lansbury (voice of Mrs. Potts)

Angela Lansbury (as Edwina Brown) - National Velvet - Donald Crisp (as Mr. Herbert Brown)

Donald Crisp (as Alec Waggoman) - The Man from Laramie - James Stewart (as Will Lockhart)

James Stewart (as Ransom Stoddard) - The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance - John Qualen (as Peter Ericson)

John Qualen (as Jose Lacota) - The High and the Mighty - Claire Trevor (as May Holst)

Claire Trevor (as Janie McDougall) - Allegheny Uprising - John Wayne (as James Smith)

I have to admit that I utilize IMDb for character names, but I have seen all the movies I listed, except Allegheny Uprising. I find these fun, if I am familiar with the movies and actors, but I can understand it not being fun for some. Some of mine are longer because I want to make connections of actors/actresses and films with which I am familiar. Sometimes I make them long because it is fun :rolleyes: . The other thing I personally choose not to do is to include TV episodes, if I can help it.

Mrs. C :angel1: (with Chester stacking ZZZZZZZZs in the background - he doesn't find these as fun as I do :D )

• Sorry about that Mark :huh: I missed you.

Good job Mark and Mrs.

Let's see! <_<

Hillary Swank - Million Dollar Baby to The Quiet Man - John Wayne

Hillary Swank - Million Dollar Baby - Clint Eastwood
    Clint Eastwood - Two Mules for Sister Sara - Shirley MacLaine
    Shirley MacLaine - My Geisha - Edward G. Robinson
    Edward G. Robinson - All My Sons - Burt Lancaster
    Burt Lancaster - The Kentuckian - John McIntire
    John McIntire - The Tin Star - Anthony Perkins
    Anthony Perkins - Psycho - Vera Miles
    Vera Miles - Those Calloways - Brian Keith
    Brian Keith - The Parent Trap - Maureen O'Hara
    Maureen O'Hara - The Quiet Man - John Wayne

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

Originally posted by Hondo Duke Lane@Feb 3 2006, 08:00 PM
    Connect:
    Paul Newman -
    The Hustler to Trouble Along the Way - John Wayne

Paul Newman was in The Hustler with Piper Laurie (who played Sarah).

Piper Laurie played Cathy in Louisa (1950) with Charles Coburn (who played Abel Burnside).

Charles Coburn played Father Burke in Trouble Along the Way with John Wayne.

I love this! I gotta do this more often.
    Colorado Bob

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

• To bring this back up from the dead, I've discovered that four of these were not answered, so I am bringing them back to life to see if you can Connect the Stars!

1. Liam Neeson - Schindler's List to Reunion in France - John Wayne

3. Billy Bob Thornton - The Alamo (2004) to The Alamo (1960) - John Wayne

3. Maggie Smith (Academy Award Winner for best actress 1969) - The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie to True Grit - John Wayne (Academy Award Winner for best actor 1969)

4. William Hurt - Kiss of the Spider Woman to McQ - John Wayne

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Let's try this again. I didn't get any response so I want to revive it again, and see if you guys can get this.

Cheers :cool:

- John Wayne quote

• This must be hard so I am about to go and solve these movie star connects. I'll give you a few more days.

Connect the Stars!

3. Billy Bob Thornton - The Alamo (2004) to The Alamo (1960) - John Wayne

3. Maggie Smith (Academy Award Winner for best actress 1969) - The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie to True Grit - John Wayne (Academy Award Winner for best actor 1969)

4. William Hurt - Kiss of the Spider Woman to McQ - John Wayne

- John Wayne quote

• Connect the Stars!

Liam Neeson (Oskar Schindler) - Shindler's List - Ralph Fiennes (Amon Goeth)
    Ralph Fiennes (voice of Rameses) - Prince of Egypt - Sandra Bullock (voice of Miriam)
    Sandra Bullock (Lucy) - While You Were Sleeping - Jack Warden (Saul)
    Jack Warden (Dr. Ludwig Bessner) - Death on the Nile - George Kennedy (Andrew Pennington)
    George Kennedy (Leo Krause) - Strait-Jacket - Joan Crawford (Lucy Harbin)
    Joan Crawford (Michelle) - Reunion in France - John Wayne (Pat Talbot)

• Liam Neeson (Oskar Schindler) - Shindler's List - Ralph Fiennes (Amon Goeth)
    Ralph Fiennes (voice of Rameses) - Prince of Egypt - Sandra Bullock (voice of Miriam)
    Sandra Bullock (Lucy) - While You Were Sleeping - Jack Warden (Saul)
    Jack Warden (Dr. Ludwig Bessner) - Death on the Nile - George Kennedy (Andrew Pennington)
    George Kennedy (Leo Krause) - Strait-Jacket - Joan Crawford (Lucy Harbin)
    Joan Crawford (Michelle) - Reunion in France - John Wayne (Pat Talbot)

That was an interesting path. I didn't see that. So you did great on that one. Great one, Chester or Mrs?

- John Wayne quote

• That was an interesting path. I didn't see that. So you did great on that one. Great one, Chester or Mrs?

It was me :angel1: . . . .

I had fun with it, and I do realize I could have connected John Wayne as early as Jack Warden (who appeared with Duke in Donovan's Reef), or George Kennedy, who was in The Sons of Katie Elder and Chisum, but it was fun to keep it going a little longer.

I will confess that I do use IMDb as a resource, especially when you start with more recent movies, since I haven't seen many of them, so I don't even know who's in them. But it is a fun thing to do every now and then :thumbs_up:.

I hope others won't be intimidated by my longer lists, and take a stab at this fun game.

Mrs. C :angel1:

• I decided to give this a try but was not easy.I did come up with something,hope it's alright :wink_smile:

William Hurt-Kiss of the Spiderwoman-Raul Julia
    Raul Julia-Presumed Innocent-Brian Dennehy
    Brian Dennehy-Twice in a lifetime-Ann-Margret
    Ann-Margret-Santa Claus 3-Martin Short
    Martin Short-Prince of Egypt-Patrick Stewart
    Patrick Stewart-Let it be me-Leslie Caron
    Leslie Caron-Fanny-Horst Buchholz
    Horst Buchholz-Code Name:Emerald-Max Von Sydow
    Max Von Sydow-Dreamscape-Eddie Albert
    Eddie Albert-McQ-John Wayne

• This was a bit easier :teeth_smile:

Maggie Smith-The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie-Gordon Jackson
    Gordon Jackson-The Great Escape-Steve MacQueen
    Steve MacQueen-Bullitt-Robert Duvall
    Robert Duvall-True Grit-John Wayne

• Hah I am starting to like this now :hyper:

Billie Bob Thornton-The Alamo 2004-Jason Patric
    Jason Patric-Speed 2:Cruise Control-Sandra Bullock
    Sandra Bullock-While you where sleeping-Bill Pullman
    Bill Pullman-Ruthless People-Danny deVito
    Danny deVito-Romancing the Stone-Michael Douglas
    Michael Douglas-The Sentinel-Kiefer Sutherland
    Kiefer Sutherland-Young Guns-Patrick Wayne
    Patrick Wayne-The Alamo 1960-John Wayne

• see if this works.ewan mcgregor was in star wars episode1 with samuel l jackson who was in jurassic park with richard attenborough who made brannigan with duke.:teeth_smile:

''baby sister i was born game and intend to go out that way.''

• Moonshine Sally did awesome. I decided to check and see how this is doing. Looks like I had all my answers. Here we go for another stack of connection of star to John Wayne.

Will Smith . . . . . . . Hitch to Trouble Along the Way . . . . . . . . . . John Wayne

Julia Roberts . . . . . Oceans 11 to McQ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .John Wayne

Dennis Quaid . . . . .Vantage Point to Big Jim McLain . . . . . . . . .John Wayne

Tom Hanks . . . . . . Cast Away to Island in the Sky . . . . . . . . .. . .John Wayne

Susan Suaradon . . Rocky Horror Picture Show to Circus World , John Wayne

Russell Crowe . . . .3:10 to Yuma to The Train Robbers . . . . . . . . John Wayne

Let's try these folks.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

- John Wayne quote

• :hyper: I like this game!!! :hyper:

Julia Roberts- Oceans 11- Andy Garcia
    Andy Garcia- When a man loves a woman- Ellen Burstyn
    Ellen Burstyn- Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood- James Garner
    James Garner- Grand Prix- Eve Marie Saint
    Eve Marie Saint- A Christmas to remember- Jason Roberts
    Jason Roberts- The Beverly Hillbillies- Patrick Cranshaw
    Patrick Cranshaw- Yes, Giorgio- Eddy Albert
    Eddy Albert- McQ- John Wayne

Though one this was :teeth_smile:

• Sally you got it. See if anyone can get the others.

- John Wayne quote

• Tom Hanks . . . . . . Cast Away to Island in the Sky . . . . . . . . .. . .John Wayne

Thanks, Hondo, for reviving this game!

I'll have a go at it, again . . .

Tom Hanks - Cast Away - Helen Hunt
    Helen Hunt - Twister - Cary Elwes
    Cary Elwes - Princess Bride - Peter Falk
    Peter Falk - The Great Race - Denver Pyle
    Denver Pyle - Horse Soldiers - Jack Pennick
    Jack Pennick - The Searchers - Harry Carey, Jr.
    Harry Carey, Jr. - Island in the Sky - John Wayne

Mrs. C :angel1:

• Russell Crowe . . . .3:10 to Yuma to The Train Robbers . . . . . . . . John Wayne

Russell Crowe- 3:10 to Yuma -Christian Bale
    Christian Bale- Little Women- Gabriel Byrne (very *drool* :wink: )
    Gabriel Byrne- End of Days - Arnold Zwarteneger
    Arnold Schwarzeneger- The Villain -Ann-Margret
    Ann-Margret -The Train Robbers -John Wayne

I have seen all films except The Villain, never heard of that one so googlet :shades_smile: