Jet Pilot (1957)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 100 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by lasbugas.

• Re: Jet Pilot (1957)

wtrayah wrote:

By far the WORST MOVIE he ever made!

Duke did a huge number of movies of great variation in quality. Some of them were pretty bad. This one is beyond bad. The plot is ridiculous--a female Russian pilot in 1957? It's also utterly predictable. Of course Janet Leigh will fall for Duke. While I'm fine with romance, this film isn't about romance. It's about ogling Janet Leigh. What a dog.

wtrayah wrote:

By far the WORST MOVIE he ever made!

Duke did a huge number of movies of great variation in quality. Some of them were pretty bad. This one is beyond bad. The plot is ridiculous--a female Russian pilot in 1957? It's also utterly predictable. Of course Janet Leigh will fall for Duke. While I'm fine with romance, this film isn't about romance. It's about ogling Janet Leigh. What a dog.

Hello Nordy. The wording of your post is unfortunate in that your "What a Dog" comment seemed to refer to Janet. Obviously, that is not your intent and you are clearly referring to the barker that is the movie.
      Ms Leigh impressed me in my tender youth when I saw the re-release of "The Vikings" in the early sixties. Decided on the spot that I would forever long for gorgeous, statuesque blonde women, who wore bras that could poke your eye out. Luckily enough, I married one.

We deal in lead, friend.

Funny, I had heard derogatory remarks about this movie, but when I finally saw it because I was running out of Duke movies I hadn't seen.........I really enjoyed it. Can't imagine what people thought was bad about it. KEITH

nordy wrote:

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

Just watched this recently on a newly purchased DVD (I had never seen it before) and I thought it was pretty good. The plot wasn't worth beans but Duke was fine and Janet Leigh was fine eye-candy while the flight scenes were well photographed.
      Cheers - Jay:beer:
      "Not hardly!!!"