The War Wagon (1967)

There are 115 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 145,991 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I picked up a book not too long ago, I may have even posted about it in another thread, but it's a book of 334 movie posters that were auctioned off back in 2004.

The poster you have of The War Wagon went for $129. The prices depend on the condition. The same place that put out the book is still selling posters. I know someone donated a mint condition poster of The Quiet Man at the centennial celebration and the owner was donating it to the new museum. He wanted the starting price listed at $15,000. It looked like it was brand new and encased in glass probably for the last 50 years.

• Thanks, DS, for the info about the book and the poster. What an interesting book! Personally, the more I see of many of the older posters, the more impressed I am with the artistic quality of them. You know those display cases for posters, in stores, where you can flip through them like a giant book? I think it would be neat to have enough room in my house to have one of those, with all these cool posters in it (how else could you display so many?).

The pictures of posters that I have been sharing came from Les Adams, and have been shared with his permission. I believe he owns many of the posters pictured.

Chester :newyear:

• Hi

Whilst i have a couple of the original posters where to display them is a problem and like many I keep them rolled up. However the mini posters are good and these are kept in a folder which is open to view in the front room. The art work on these posters is good.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• The War Wagon also appeared in an episode of 'Desperado' some years back.
    Best thing about the movie was the Dimitri Tiomkin score (one of his last I think) It lifted the picture greatly, just as Elmer Bernstein's score elevated 'Big Jake'.

• The last time I was in Florida to Universal-2000-the War Wagon had pretty much rotted to a pile of wood. A sad end. Last I heard, they removed the entire prop area for another attraction.

• There was a scene that seems to have a problem. This is where Taw Jackson (Duke), Lomax (Douglas) and Billy (Robert Walker) went to Taw's old ranch to get the nitro from the old shed. When they capture the one gaurd, all three were with him and Taw told them they had five minutes to get done with their job. Now the question I have is why didn't the gaurd say something to Pierce (Bruce Cabot) when they went in the house? You know he heard Taw tell Lomax and Billy about the 5 minutes since that gaurd knew that Lomax was suppose to gun down Taw.

Just curious if anyone knows what I am talking about.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• I watched this yesterday, Hondo, your correct!

Also, I had the closed caption on, when Taw and Levi talk to Wild Horse, the captions told me it was in Spanish and then Native. Was that the case? I don't know either. :D

"twenty dollars and a horse" :D

• If anyone is interested, Intrada has released the full, uncut Tiomkin score in glorious stereo. I picked it up and was knocked out by the quality. Some of the liner note images were provided by Roger Nash, one of the foremost collectors of Wayne memorabilia.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Quick question-anyone know who doubled Duke in the bar fight? It's not "Bad" Chuck or Jim Burke in the long shots. Looks a bit like Red Morgan, but he's not. Anyone know for sure?