Donovan's Reef (1963)

There are 114 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 120,788 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Here's an interesting video about what the place where the beach house used to be looks like today.

[extendedmedia]

[/extendedmedia]

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• Hey, ej, thanks for that video, it was kind of neat!

Is that your video, or some other John Wayne fan? He sure got Duke's verbal inflection down! Pretty funny!

Chester :newyear:

No, it's not mine, I just stumbled upon it randomly on Youtube.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

• I really really enjoyed this movie, when it was over I had a big smile on my face and you can't ask much more than that. Duke was Duke, Marvin was hilarious and the supporting cast all played a role, I especially thought the youngsters were rather good. Beautiful scenery and an engaging story. It was entertaining and that's good enough for me.

• I really really enjoyed this movie, when it was over I had a big smile on my face and you can't ask much more than that. Duke was Duke, Marvin was hilarious and the supporting cast all played a role, I especially thought the youngsters were rather good. Beautiful scenery and an engaging story. It was entertaining and that's good enough for me.

Totally with you on this one!
    It's great to see the Duke delivering a comic turn, which he's very good at, along with Lee Marvin, and all under the great direction of John Ford.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Around my house we call this the John Wayne Christmas Special since part of the story was set at Christmas time.

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• OK. I'm honored to select "Donovan's Reef" as the group watch for December.
    I haven't seen this in it's entirety since it played at the Paramount theater in 1963.

We deal in lead, friend.