The Comancheros (1961)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 170 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by lasbugas.

• Re: The Comancheros (1961)

hi
      i saw the comancheros when i was about 12 and i just loved the film.what a guy john wayne was.it had everything humor,the location of utah just wonderful the story great.so much the film got under my skin i called 1 of my sons jake and my other son scott after randolph scott my 2 second favourite actor
    • Re: Duke's Movie Locations- Utah

The Comancheros was also filmed at these locations

FISHER TOWERS

Fisher Towers
      _________________________________________________________________________________

DEAD HORSE POINT STATE PARK

Dead Horse Point State Park

_______________________________________________________________________________

LA SAL MOUNTAINS

______________________________________________________________________________

PROFESSOR VALLEY

Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

Great photos.
      Comancheros was broadcast in widescreen last night on the retroplex channel, right after Angel and the Badman, so I lost about four hours sleep.
      This movie is sooooo much better than anything churned out today. It looks effortless and is the kind of film I used to take for granted back then.
      The photography, music, script and actors are world class. Of course, most of the cast and crew had worked on The Alamo. I think I even recognized one of the longhorns (a brown one) from Alamo.
      The only quibble I have is about the dates in the movie and the repeating weapons and Joan O'Brien's screen husband wasn't killed by a Mexican cannon shot at San Jacinto. I don't think Santa Anna's army even fired a cannon in that "fracas".

We deal in lead, friend.
    • Re: John Wayne on TV

The only thing bad about it is: it's on AMC. They used to be commercial free - meaning they showed movies without interruption. Now they tend to chop them up without a 2nd thought.

I will say, after watching The Commencheros there are two things: first, they didn't really do a bad job with it as far as editing goes, and secondly - did anyone else notice a very young Dennis Cole in the dance sequence on the riverboat scence near the start?

I've seen this movie nearly 15 times, and I only noticed him THIS time!!!
    • Re: John Wayne on TV

The Tennesseean wrote:

I will say, after watching The Commencheros there are two things: first, they didn't really do a bad job with it as far as editing goes, and secondly - did anyone else notice a very young Dennis Cole in the dance sequence on the riverboat scence near the start?

I've seen this movie nearly 15 times, and I only noticed him THIS time!!!

Thanks for this snippet.
      I have also copied your post to the dedicated movie thread
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

Wow, great images, Lasbugas! Thanks!

Looks like Fox is pulling out all the stops for their Comancheros blu-ray release on May 17:

The Comancheros will include audio commentary (by Stuart Whitman, Nehemiah Persoff, Michael Ansara and Patrick Wayne), 2 featurettes (The Comancheros and the Battle for the American Southwest and The Duke at Fox: A Two-Part Documentary), a vintage Comancheros comic book gallery, A Conversation with Stuart Whitman (Audio Only), Fox Movietonews: Claude King and Tillman Franks Receive Award for The Comancheros, theatrical trailers and 24-page book packaging.

Here is a small version of the package art. Hope I can find a bigger version soon.