The Comancheros (1961)

There are 179 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 173,578 times. The latest Post () was by DCtheQuietMan.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• It's a John Wayne western and a great western with some great quotes, like the one where Cutter say's to Regret another one who say's that my friend bit, a bit to often

• Is there a missing scene in THE COMANCHEROS? I remember one when I first saw this movie over fifty years ago.
    When the steamboat lands in Galvaston, the girl is getting off the boat walking up the gangplank. John Wayne is walking down the gangplank, they meet in the middle, he tips his hat to her, she notices his Texas Ranger badge. They then each go on their separate way.
    This scene is mentioned several times after Wayne gets to the Comanchero hideout and meets the girl.

• Watched my Blu-ray version of this classic and I have to really say Stuart Whitman is one of my favorite co-stars with the Duke. The chemistry those two have is truly off the charts. For those who do not know, there is a 50th anniversary blu-ray edition out there. Comes with an in-depth booklet (24 pages) featuring backgrounds on all the main stars in this film as well as an overview of Jon Wayne's career. Note, I never knew USSR dictator Joseph Stalin ordered a hit on John Wayne during the early 50s! Fortunately Stalin died in 1953 and his successor dropped the order and even met with the Duke in 1958. That is just crazy.

The disc is also loaded with special features, including a overview of John Wayne during his years with Fox as well as a page by page gallery of the comic they made of the Comancheros back then. Plenty of of more extras too. The resolution on this movie is once again excellent and the audio is crisp. It's definitely worth getting and you can get it incredibly cheap as well. Picked mine up on Amazon for $5.00 and change.

• Is there a missing scene in THE COMANCHEROS? I remember one when I first saw this movie over fifty years ago.
    When the steamboat lands in Galvaston, the girl is getting off the boat walking up the gangplank. John Wayne is walking down the gangplank, they meet in the middle, he tips his hat to her, she notices his Texas Ranger badge. They then each go on their separate way.
    This scene is mentioned several times after Wayne gets to the Comanchero hideout and meets the girl.

Not that I know of, but do remember the scene you mentioned, although I haven't watched in a while. Time to drag it back out for a watch.

• Watched my Blu-ray version of this classic and I have to really say Stuart Whitman is one of my favorite co-stars with the Duke. The chemistry those two have is truly off the charts. For those who do not know, there is a 50th anniversary blu-ray edition out there. Comes with an in-depth booklet (24 pages) featuring backgrounds on all the main stars in this film as well as an overview of Jon Wayne's career. Note, I never knew USSR dictator Joseph Stalin ordered a hit on John Wayne during the early 50s! Fortunately Stalin died in 1953 and his successor dropped the order and even met with the Duke in 1958. That is just crazy.

The disc is also loaded with special features, including a overview of John Wayne during his years with Fox as well as a page by page gallery of the comic they made of the Comancheros back then. Plenty of of more extras too. The resolution on this movie is once again excellent and the audio is crisp. It's definitely worth getting and you can get it incredibly cheap as well. Picked mine up on Amazon for $5.00 and change.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I have the original SD DVD so I really need to pick up the BR.