She Wore A Yellow Ribbon (1949)

There are 215 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 286,831 times. The latest Post () was by Nathan.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• This is one of my favorite roles - second to Ethan Edwards in "The Searchers" - I cannot for the LIFE of me figure out how people can actually keep a straight face and say that John Wayne had no range as an actor. He was COMPLETELY believable as Captain Nathan Brittles, even though the Duke was 42 playing about 65!

The mutual respect and affection between he and "Quincannon" was INCREDIBLY good acting, and showed the comfort level that existed between the two actors.

• I really liked this movie the hidden jug the social life in the fort the action, what a great movie

Greetings from North of the 49th

• My favorite of the 4 cavalry pictures he did for Ford. The character I feel is one his warmest and very likable, in fact this is my favorite character he played. Anyway one thing I noticed was that he looks like J.B Books 27 years before hand.

Lt. B., now that you mentioned it, it is like Duke had a dress rehearsal for his part as Books for he does look like him in Ribbon. Good point.

• John Agar was billed as a top actor in this movie, as if it was his coming out movie. He never really took off as a fan favorite if I recall correctly.

Maybe someone else here knows more about Agar, that was just what I remembered and not quite sure if it is right.

• John Agar was billed as a top actor in this movie, as if it was his coming out movie. He never really took off as a fan favorite if I recall correctly.

Maybe someone else here knows more about Agar, that was just what I remembered and not quite sure if it is right.

Hi Jeff,
    You can read more on our dedicated thread:-

Pals Of The Saddle- John Agar

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• There's another dog scene earlier in 'Yellow Ribbon' where Nathan, Alshard and Tyree are discussing the markings on an arrow and Ben Johnson points to the sign of the Cheyenne Dog Soldier. Right on cue a dog trots by in the background, a typical example of Ford visually reinforcing a line.
    Similarly in 'McLintock', when Patrick Wayne tell Duke: "You're Wrong!", theres a chinese laundry across the street with the name 'Wong' prominently displayed!
    Spotting these little extra bits of business is fun and it might be nice to have more examples from anyone interested in this type of thing...

• Heber Snow,

First of all, welcome to the Original John Wayne Message Board! We're glad to see you 'get your feet wet' and make your first posts today!

Thanks for your interesting observations regarding some of the closer details in the films! We'll be watching more closely for such things, and hope you will share similar sightings from other JW movies!

Again, WELCOME, and we look forward to getting to know you better in the days and weeks to come!

Chester :newyear: and the Mrs. :angel1:

• Here is a little Slide Show of the Great Ford, Wayne Film
    "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon"
    Now is The Time To Watch This Great John Wayne Film Again !!!
    :wink_smile:
    And if you Look Real Close You Might See Someone You Know as the Pony Express Rider and the man With The Company Flag ?
    :teeth_smile:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy:

• At the end of this Film Clip it will show you Capt. Brittles Cabin and Office from the Great Film
    "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon"
    :teeth_smile:
    It is the Only Part of Film Sets that are still left from The Film because it was made of Native Stone, and is now a small Museum and is at Gouldings Trading Post in Monument Valley and is Open To The Public !
    :wink_smile:
    Then a Little Tour of Monument Valley, with Shots of the old road used in "Stagecoach" and a Good Shot of "Ford's Point" and just Click on,
    WATCH ON YOUTUBE
    ===============
    :shades_smile:
    Chilibill
    :cowboy: