She Wore A Yellow Ribbon (1949)

There are 215 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 288,009 times. The latest Post () was by Nathan.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Many thanks, Paula! - She Wore A Yellow Ribbon is my favourite John Wayne movie! In this movie we can see, what a great character actor the Duke has been.

"Never apologize. It´s a sign of weakness."

• Paula and Larry, I have to ask where you find all these magnificent finds! Are they recent or have you been searching and collecting for years? I'm guessing probably both, but as a fellow collector, I'm always looking for new sources.

The German title for SWAYR seems to be the "The Devil's Captain", but my high school German is pretty kaput. I'm sure Ringo Carl can provide the accurate translation.

At any rate, please keep them coming.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Somehow came upon this in Yellow Ribbon. I thought it deserved another post for those like me who had never seen it. Can't wait to see SWYR again to see Rudy have his dream come true! Thanks Paula and friend.
    Keith

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Thanks for reposting that story, Keith! It's a great one. I will have another photo from that scene shortly. And more great pics from Lasbugas! Someday I hope to add the one from the funeral to my collection, I don't have it yet.

Here's today's post at my webpage, it's a reproduction still from Turner Entertainment.

• Welcome Paula....I thought it was a super story, and I am sure a lot of the newer folks never saw it. I watched SWYR many times, and never really remember it that well. I sure will NEXT TIME I see it...which I hope is soon.
    By the way, that pic of Ben is an excellent one. Thanks for posting it. Do YOU post Larry's pics? Just wondering by your last post?
    I am going to try to use the Photobucket next time I post. Sure has been a chore going back, saving into an album and then getting a URL for each pic, LOL..........not usually a computer dummy. But I have never been on anything that didn't have a Browse button for posting pics. Learn something new every day, hopefully. I need to put your webpage in my favorites. What is it again? You going to have time to rewatch the Conqueror and comment on it? Seems as if lots of folks are asking for your expertise! I watched it four times..the last I was very comfortable with it and will watch it again. As I said in my post, I stopped thinking of Duke being John Wayne, and just appreciated him as Duke, the actor. Makes a BIG difference in accepting the dialogue, etc. Thanks again, KEITH

• Well, I don't know who Larry is... is he "lasbugas"? If he is, I assure you that he and I are entirely separate people although up to this point no one has seen us in the same room at the same time. ;) (Probably because we've never met.) :)

My friend Mary-Kate found that Reader's Digest article about Rudy Bowman. I had posted some time back a picture from Trooper John Smith/Gen. Rome Clay's death scene, which came with a snippet of information about Bowman, and Mary-Kate was so intrigued that she started researching him, and found that Reader's Digest article. What a discovery!

• Well, I don't know who Larry is... is he "lasbugas"? If he is, I assure you that he and I are entirely separate people although up to this point no one has seen us in the same room at the same time. ;) (Probably because we've never met.) :)

My friend Mary-Kate found that Reader's Digest article about Rudy Bowman. I had posted some time back a picture from Trooper John Smith/Gen. Rome Clay's death scene, which came with a snippet of information about Bowman, and Mary-Kate was so intrigued that she started researching him, and found that Reader's Digest article. What a discovery!

Well, now I am not sure......I thought Larry was Las Bugas, but I am very possibly wrong. Yes, I had seen that about your friend Mary-Kate, that is why I thanked you and your friend for it.

You didn't give me your website address again. I suppose you must not want to watch the Conqueror as I suggested. Lots of people didn't. As I said, you have to watch it more than once to get past that Duke is NOT John Wayne in it, :) Have a good one, Keith

• And another -- this is a vintage still from the archives of the Seattle Times newspaper. The newspapers are, sadly, selling off their photo archives. What a loss of collective visual history. :( The good part is this picture ended up in my collection and now I can share it with everyone.

SWAYR_10_M[1].jpg

• Thanks, could you PLEASE post your comments on THE GROUP WATCH about it! We are all trying hard to build it back up again. Dooley gets to choose the next movie, a western. Only a day or so left to post a comment. All the guys have been asking if you would give your insight into it as they greatly value your opinion. I watched it 4 times until I got past looking at John Wayne and just thought of DUKE as an actor....the dialogue was MUCH better then. Battle scenes were great also. Anyway, everyone's posts are on the Group Watch. The guys will be tickled if you post on it for The Conquerors before it closes. Keith