North To Alaska (1960)

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 93 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by lasbugas.

• I thought this was the most comical movie by the Duke that I have seen. It almost had a disney type feel to it. For example when the people are fighting in the first scene and there are all the sound effects for each punch.

Definitely enjoyable, I particularily liked the scene where Angel is being tickled and you see the duke throw the bottle and glass over his shoulder, then he gets up and topples the table shouting TIMBER! I watched that part a couple of times because it was great.

What was with the seal at the end though? It went a bit nutty there.

A big step away from the ordinary for Henry Hathoway though. It's funny that he went on to directed Sons of Katie Eldar and True Grit, two fantastic movies that were more serious (though there's a lot of humour in True Grit).
      [SIZE=3]That'll Be The Day[/SIZE]
    • Re: North To Alaska (1960)

There was a recent political scandal here that revealed that civil servants in their work time were entering Wikipedia and changing personal details on celebrities.

The outcome was that it was revealed that that anyone can sign in make an account and changes any details of any person I wouldnt place too much faith on Wikipedia!!

Mike
    • Re: North To Alaska (1960)

Hi Greenhollow,

I have welcomed you on the appropriate thread,.
      but have done so again here, where you have initially posted.

WELCOME to The Original JWMB.
      Please take a look around,
      we're a friendly bunch of folks,
      and there is a wealth of information to see,
      regarding the great man.

You may find this link useful:-

Link to Duke's Movies and Co-Stars
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England