"Screen Directors Playhouse"-Rookie Of The Year (1955) (TV)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 19 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by capnralls.

• Re: "Screen Directors Playhouse"-Rookie Of The Year (1955)

yep, the mistake was an easy one to make. I've never seen Flashing Spikes, wonder if it's on youtube anywhere-
    • Re: Duke's Missing And Rare Movies

I'm a new member and not sure if this is the best place to post this as I'm sure many will be interested. I just received my movie schedule from TCM and they are going to show "ROOKIE OF THE YEAR" on January 18th at 8:30pm EST and 5:30pm PST. This is a TV 30 min playhouse short directed by John Ford with Duke, Patrick, Vera Miles and Ward Bond. I don't have this one and will certainly make myself a personal copy.
      They have also shown rare flicks such as Central Airport and Melody Ranch amoung many others of Duke's movies that are not so rare. I hope this post reaches those interested.
    • Re: Duke's Missing And Rare Movies

Big Jim wrote:

I'm a new member and not sure if this is the best place to post this as I'm sure many will be interested. I just received my movie schedule from TCM and they are going to show "ROOKIE OF THE YEAR" on January 18th at 8:30pm EST and 5:30pm PST. This is a TV 30 min playhouse short directed by John Ford with Duke, Patrick, Vera Miles and Ward Bond. I don't have this one and will certainly make myself a personal copy.
      They have also shown rare flicks such as Central Airport and Melody Ranch amoung many others of Duke's movies that are not so rare. I hope this post reaches those interested.

Thanks Big Jim, for the information.
      I have moved your post to this our dedicated thread ,
      which may be of interest to you.
      We also have a thread for
      Central Airport
      but not Melody Ranch,
      as we are unsure of Duke's participation.

Here is our post relating to that from
      Pals Of The Saddle- Gene Autry
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

The post was edited 5 times, last by ethanedwards ().

Thanks for the heads up, Big Jim. I have to catch that also. I have never seen "ROOKIE OF THE YEAR", so now I'll have my chance... if I don't forget by then. :omg2:

Mark
      "I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

Check out my You Tube channel, youtube.com/capnralls, I have posted Rookie of the Year in two parts.

John Wayne lives at jwaynefan.com

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="3" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">