"Wagon Train"- The Colter Craven Story (1960) (TV)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ethanedwards.

• Re: TV-"Wagon Train"- The Colter Craven Story (1960)

As I just discussed elsewhere on the site with Ringo, Wagon Train: The Complete Season Four, has been released on DVD here in the US. According to the reviews posted on Amazon, it does include "The Colter Craven Story" as part of the set.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!

I am sure everyone realized this, but I didn't see it....almost a third of The Colter Craven Story was actual film from the 1950 movie Wagon Master......the run with the Wagons, and crossing the River at the beginning and end with the little colt coming out. I was surprised when I first saw it. I wasn't looking at it when Duke said his line.......but BOY, did I jump up and go back a bit, LOL. Then couldn't find his name until I saw the Michael Morris,or whatever. I believe it was shown about two weeks after Ward died. There was another one that was shown that Ward hadn't completely finished. You could tell by his voice. Anybody know which that one was? KPKEITH

Anyway you can post The Weight of Command and The Jonas Murdock Story?
      Not Duke's, but I need them. Thanks if you can, and thanks anyway if you can't. Hope Sue's Mom is better. KPKeith
      Can't wait to see War Wagon!

Hawkswill wrote:

I am sure everyone realized this, but I didn't see it....almost a third of The Colter Craven Story was actual film from the 1950 movie Wagon Master......the run with the Wagons, and crossing the River at the beginning and end with the little colt coming out. I was surprised when I first saw it. I wasn't looking at it when Duke said his line.......but BOY, did I jump up and go back a bit, LOL. Then couldn't find his name until I saw the Michael Morris,or whatever. I believe it was shown about two weeks after Ward died. There was another one that was shown that Ward hadn't completely finished. You could tell by his voice. Anybody know which that one was? KPKEITH

The Colter Craven Story, was shown 18 days after Ward's passing.

According to the Wagon Train web-site, this is the last episode taped by Ward

However as we know Ward passed away in November 1960,
      and this was shown in February of 1961.

The Beth Pearson Story
      (ep. #4.22) 2/22/1961

Major Adams is shaken by the resemblance of a widow to Raine Webster, the woman he once loved.
      He falls for the woman, but she wants him to be sure that it is she, and not a ghost he's fallen in love with.

Ward Bond as Major Adams
      Virginia Grey as Beth Pearson
      Johnny Washbrook as Ron Pearson
      Del Moore as Johnson

This is the last episode taped by Bond. He was never written out of the show.
      According to Terry Wilson, we were supposed to assume he left of a broken heart after this story.

As a tribute I have posted a profile of Ward's last appearance here
      Wagon Train- The Beth Pearson Story

Hawkswill wrote:

Anyway you can post The Weight of Command and The Jonas Murdock Story?
      Not Duke's, but I need them. Thanks if you can, and thanks anyway if you can't.

Keith, apart from mentioned above, I have no further plans on posting any other episodes,
      but here are the links to
      The Weight of Command
      The Jonas Murdock Story
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

The post was edited 15 times, last by ethanedwards ().

Re: " Wagon Train"- The Colter Craven Story (1960)
      Hi

Although it's very wrong to say it Wagon Train in my case was the best thing in the world for bringing on sleep. Every Monday night I would stay up to watch it, fall asleep just after the opening credits and wake up as the final credits were played -it never failed.

Regards

Arthir
      Re: the above __________________ I never thought of using it to go to sleep with, I enjoyed every show.

Well, although I must admit, it is probably my favorite show, wish Have Gun would have been an hour, I NEVER fell asleep watching it in bed with my parents when I was a child. I hung on every word and every hoofbeat. But, after researching and watching each of Ward's, Terry's and Bill's episodes about a hundred times each, I can very easily fall asleep watching one. In fact, I have some great dreams when I do! KPKEITH

.. ..