There are 16 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 12,689 times. The latest Post () was by Hondo Duke Lane.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• In this trivia forum, we are to put in a list of John Wayne movies. Make a list of movies, and rank them from his earlist releases to latest.

Hatari
    Trouble Along the Way
    The War Wagon
    The Searchers
    Rio Bravo

I know you can look this up at imbd, but see how you can figure this out without the aid of books or internet sites.

You can make your own up yourself, and it can be as many as you like.

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• 1) Trouble Along The Way
    2) The Searchers
    3) Rio Bravo
    4) Hatari
    5) The War Wagon

And that was fun too....

• Of course anyone can do this.

Here goes:

Alleghany Uprising
    War of the Wildcats
    The Spoilers
    The Long Voyage Home
    Shepherd of the Hills

Cheers B)

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Come one come all. Rank these movies from the earliest to the lastest release dates.

Just wanted to revive this thread.

Cheers :cool:

- John Wayne quote

• 1939. ALLEGHENY UPRISING- (RKO)
    1940. THE LONG VOYAGE HOME- (Walter Wagner/United Artists)
    1941. THE SHEPHERD OF THE HILLS- (Paramount)
    1942. THE SPOILERS- (Universal)
    1943. IN OLD OKLAHOMA(War of the Wildcats)- (Republic)

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Rank These movies by the year released. Starting with the earliest release to the latest.

McLintock!
    Donovan's Reef
    How the West was Won
    The Alamo
    The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

Cheers :cool: Hondo

- John Wayne quote

• Just to bring his game to top since no one took to this game.

- John Wayne quote

• Wow! I tried doing this from memory, and I got the two below correct (but was way off on the other three . . . feeling pretty dumb here :headbonk:!

I did look it up on IMDb to check, so that's how I know I messed up. But . . . I'll leave it for someone else to put them in correct order (without looking it up first).

The Alamo (1960)
    McLintock! (1963)

I bet wbbison could do this from memory - that guy is SHARP when it comes to Duke's movies!

Chester :newyear:

• I hope you will do this by memory, but I do understand myself. While looking up Sands of Iwo Jima, I thought that it was in the forty's but was wrong. It came out in 1950.

So it is easy to miss it without help.

- John Wayne quote

• It certainly has the memory of having seen these five movies. However, I do not remember even the order. Anyway, half a century is the previous state. In addition, it is not necessarily open to the public in order of opening in the United States to the public in Japan.
    :cry2:
    regards,
    Taka

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• Here are Five more:

Lady from Louisiana
    Dakota
    Three Faces West
    A Man Betrayed
    Lady for a Night

Cheers :cool: Hondo

- John Wayne quote