Did You Know.........................

There are 29 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 20,474 times. The latest Post () was by FarmerSteve.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• There is another little boot company from Beggs, Okla called Blucher Custom Boots that made boots for the Duke. They still have his signed tickets at the shop.

Here's a little write up about them.
    http://www.nationalcowboymuseum.org/Research/r_a_bluc.html

and here's their web site.

http://www.blucherboots.com/index.html

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Did you you that John Wayne . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . fell off his horse during the filming of The Undefeated and dislocated his shoulder? He called this a "jinx" film.

. . . . . . . . . . . was named "Favorite Actor" in a Photoplay Award in 1969?

. . . . . . . . . . . and Lassie were presenters at "The Golden Glode Awards" on February 21, 1966?

. . . . . . . . . . . rode an Appaloosa stallion in El Dorado which belonged Howard Hawks?

. . . . . . . . . . . crossed the Atlantic Ocean in The Wild Goose for the filming of Circus World in Europe?

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

. . . . . . . . . . sprinkled his eggs with celery salt?

. . . . . . . . . . averaged a 94 grade in all of his high school subjects?

. . . . . . . . . . liked to cook?

. . . . . . . . . . defended Sanford and Son and All In the Family because these shows made us laugh at ourselves?

. . . . . . . . . . favorite crime show was Hawaii Five-O?

. . . . . . . . . . owned a share of Al Capp's comic book publishing company?

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

. . . . . . . . . . 's favorite crime show was Hawaii Five-O?

Yeah . . . I didn't know it, but it's just one more thing to like about the man. I, too, really like Hawaii Five-O.

"Book'em Dano"

Mrs. C :angel1:

. . . . . . . . . . 's star appears at 1541 Vine Street in front of the Merv Griffin Theatre?

. . . . . . . . . . was a crack pistol and rifle shot?

. . . . . . . . . . and Janet Leigh both had the same last name of Morrison before becoming stars?

. . . . . . . . . . owned a shrimp boat out of panama?

. . . . . . . . . . owned a custom-built Winnebago?

. . . . . . . . . . wore his watch crystal inwards?

- John Wayne quote

. . . . . . . . . . earned $35.00 a week as a prop boy moving furniture on movie sets?

. . . . . . . . . .hearded geese on the set of John Ford's Mother Machree?

. . . . . . . . . .'s first job was pciking apricots on his summer vacations?

. . . . . . . . . .worked on an ice truck while in college?

. . . . . . . . . .'s biggest disappointments was when he lost his appointment to Annapolis? This is one reason why he liked to play military-related roles.

. . . . . . . . . .won The Southern California Shakespeare Oratory Contest for his recital of Cardinal Wolsey's farewell speech in Henry VIII?

- John Wayne quote