Hondo (1954)

There are 182 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 135,018 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• A 3-D screening of Hondo has been scheduled for the TCM Classic Film Festival in Hollywood April 25-28. (Exact date of screening not yet announced.)

They're also going to show Shane... with Ben Johnson in a supporting role... and I had decided not to go to TCM this year, and now I want to punch myself as badly as Ben and Alan Ladd punch each other in that movie.

• Wow-I'd love to see THAT combo on a big screen! Saw Shane when I was little on it's original run, but not Hondo.

• I have a Hondo VHS from TV in the 80's in 3-D. Although it is not like today's there some really exciting moves and background scenes that make it just a little bit better than two demention. I would also like to share Lee Aker's photo. He was also in Rin Tin Tin when I was a youngster.

[ATTACH][ATTACH]3061
    [/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

• "Hondo" (1953)
    -John Wayne, Geraldine Page

A cavalry scout helps a woman and her son defend their ranch

Phantoms Review: One of the best. Based on the novel by Louis L'amour ( which is a great read) this is one of Wayne's best movies. Plenty of action, great story, and terrific chemistry between the two lead actors. A classic.

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town