3 Godfathers (1948)

There are 99 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 146,608 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• At lunch time today--I watched: 3 Godfathers w/ Duke, Harry Carey Jr, Pedro Armendariez, Ward Bond, Hank Wordon, Ben Johnson, Jack Pennick and Mildred Natwick. Love this movie. I dont care for the original version though.

For Harry Carey:

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Overall, I'd say it was a good movie. For me, it was just a little too long. Too much plugging along in the sand, too much running from the law, found myself wondering if the movie was ever going to end!

• I feel that this is a great western that doesn't get the credit it deserves between other Ford's works...and among western fans.The trio of Duke/Harry Carey, Jr./Pedro Armendáriz is very solid and they work perfect together.Into the movie they abounds some very important religious symbolisms.The transformation of three bandits into charitable persons flows very normally and that's the reason you can sympathize the ''bad'' guys here.Ward Bond is in perfect shape.The suspense is a part of the movie.At last the full of sand landscapes and the hot weather make me believe that this film isn't only a Christmas one as the most of forum members fairly believe (it is a Christmas movie).Anytime I want to watch it I need a fresh cola with ice.Besides we have summer here.

Break the law and he's the last man you want to see. And the last you ever will.