There are 150 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 127,800 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hi Mike,
    In what country it was released in Reg.2?
    Regards,
    Senta :rolleyes:

Originally posted by DukePilgrim@Sep 23 2006, 10:09 PM

I got mine from Finland

[snapback]34811[/snapback]

It's great. I will be there soon and try to catch it. When I was there in August there was no sign of McQ.

Thanks,
    Senta :rolleyes:

• Neat little comment clips!

Tbone

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

• Aaaaaaaaaa! That makes me wanna go zoom zoom like Kevin said. My wife oftens accuses me of driving like that. :hyper:

Chester, I don't think that was a blooper about the dirty car, clean car. Duke was going so fast that he just blew all the dirt off.:wink_smile:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• A fair and honest review ejgreen77. I always felt McQ had moments in it that were very unusual for a John Wayne movie. Whilst there are great action sequences in Mc Q it is a serious story and as you say he went for a more light hearted approach in Brannigan.

Mike

• This was the only Duke movie I saw which I didn't like. Maybe it was because he was about ten years too old to be believable as a policeman, but I just found the film depressing and dull. At least "Brannigan" had more humour and a few exciting fight scenes.

• Chisum wasn't really the Seventies though as it was filmed in 1969. What did you dislike about it? I thought it was a bit overlong, but definitely better than McQ.

• Well it depends what you're looking for I suppose. If Wayne had been 57 he could have played a tough cop, but not at 67. I guess that's why I preferred the more comedic feel of Brannigan. Also it was his only movie in England.

• Another I have seen several times of, over the years and I have always enjoyed it. I did a double take when I saw Roger E. Moseley (T.C. of Magnum P.I. fame) and immediately liked the movie a bit more.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Do you know if anyone tried to talk Wayne out of playing a cop? Did he himself have doubts about making this movie at the age of 67?