Harry Carey Jr.

There are 148 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 147,194 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hello Clyde and welcome!!

Thanks for the info. Its nice to see the old clips and the background behind the set's. Tell Harry hello and best wishes to him and his family.

Hope to see you around here once in awhile.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• Hello and welcome aboard, Clyde. I had already checked out the "Tales From The Set" the other day, and I enjoyed them all. Thanks to all of you for putting those together for us fans to see. I echo everyone else here in sending our regards and best wishes to Harry and Marilyn.

Mark

"I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

• Welcome, Clyde, to our happy little band of JW fans. It's great to have a direct link with Harry and hope he and Marilyn are doing well. Hope you become one of our regulars here.
    Cheers - Jay:beer:

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• I have sent Marilyn & Harry your best. He's very happy that you have enjoyed his stories and there's more to come.

Best,
    Clyde

• Hello Clyde, maybe you can get a answer for us here. One of many on going questions that the site has is, When/Where will the movie "Commanche Stallion" be available to watch or own? I for one have been waiting for quite awhile now and am eager to see this movie. Thanks.

-John Wayne

• We are working with a distributor to get them to release through Lionsgate...until then it is on hold. Thank you for asking

• Thanks for the information. I think you can add most people on this forum as prospective buyers of that movie, so please send that message back to your distributor.

-John Wayne

• Thanks, Clyde for the link. I enjoyed a lot. Will it be a big version of both movies - Tales from the set and Bronx Cowboy on DVD available.
    Can you also tell which early Harry Carey's movies are available now. I have a long desire to see them.
    Regards,
    Vera

• Welcome to the forum, its a real treat to have a direct link to a famous co-star of John Wayne's movies, and many more besides.

As others have mentioned it would be nice if Harry Carey Jnr could visit the forum from time to time and possibly post a blog or just frequent/infrequent posts. Obviously he is a busy man with many obligations and commitments but I'm sure everyone here would like to read some of his posts/blogs.

I have a little question as well if you could relay it to Harry Carey, he played one of nine bad guys in the western "Big Jake". One of his fellow gang members was called "Young Billy," who seems to have disappeared from the final print of the movie, was this charter killed at the ranch at the start of the movie with his scenes subsequently deleted?

Thanks in advance

:agent:

Regards
    Robbie

• Hello Clyde, In Japan, Harry Carey and Harry Carey Jr. are both famous.
    Thanks for the limk.
    The book "Company of Heroes" was published in Japan,and ofcourse I enjoyed
    this book.
    I am very envious that hearing the story some Japanese movie buff met
    Harry Carey Jr. few years ago.

Regards,
    H.sanada

Sometimes kids ask me what a pro is. I just point to the Duke.
    ~Steve McQueen~

• Wow!!
    Thanks Harry, Marilyn, and Clyde for putting up this great site. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the book "In the Company of Heroes." Since Ford used pretty much the same group of people in most of his movies you just knew there had to be some great stories.

Thank you so much Harry for sharing your memories with us, we truely enjoy them.

Baby Sis
    :cowboy::cowboy::cowboy:

"Give me a man like Duke Wayne"...Marueen O'Hara

• clyde

could you please tell harry "thanks for the memories" have had a great time watching the link and seeing what he did in his youth

cheers smokey

" its not all black and white, but different shades of grey"

• There will be a new segment about Richard Widmark next week. Harry knew him in the 40's. Dobe worked at NBC and Mr. Widmark did voice overs.

• Hi Clyde,
    Thanks for sharing this.
    Harry wrote me a couple of notes a couple of years back,
    as a thank you for writing this about him.

HARRY CAREY

When I was ROLLING HOME, along THE LONG GRAY LINE
    persued by THE SEARCHERS,THE LONG RIDER, THE RAIDERS
    and the 3 GODFATHERS,I came to the RIVERS EDGE, of the RIO GRANDE,
    where there was a wonderful MOONRISE.

I came across,SOME SWEETHEARTS ON PARADE,who are an
    ENDANGERED SPECIES, and as GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES
    I said KISS THEM FOR ME, but don't make
    it a PUBLIC AFFAIR

I've had some WILD TIMES, as THE OUTCAST, FROM HELL TO TEXAS
    but still remaiin THE UNDEFEATED,from SHENANDOAH
    to TOMBSTONE!

To conclude, I remain ILLEGALLY YOURS,
    from this CHEYENNE AUTUMN, I wish you SOMETHING BIG,
    in CHERRY 2000

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().

• Hello Clyde:
    Welcome to our gang, we have a great bunch of pilgrims here, and we hope you stop by often. That's a great site. Let Harry and Marilyn know we would be thrilled to "SEE" them once in awhile.

Regards
    Ethan

Don't Believe In Surrenders!!!!!