Harry Carey Jr.

There are 148 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 147,591 times. The latest Post () was by dukefan1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• That was a fine tribute to Victor McLaglen, and how he asked about his son IMO to know if he will be alright for the future in his life. I can only imagine that Victor is smiling on his son with the great achievements he has made for himself with Duke and the Gunsmoke series.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Thanks a million! What great information. I Really enjoyed it all. Clyde! Was the duke showing respect for Carey Sr. when he held his arm at the end of the movie "The Searchers"? Thanks Again!

• Hi,
    He was,

* Western star Harry Carey died in 1947. Director John Ford cast Carey's wife (Olive Carey) as Mrs. Jorgensen (the mother) and Carey's son (Harry Carey Jr.) as one of the sons (Brad) as a tribute to Carey. In the closing scene with John Wayne framed in the doorway, Wayne holds his right elbow with his left hand in a pose that Carey fans would recognize as one that he often used. Wayne later stated he did it as a tribute to Carey. Off-camera, Olive watched.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Yes he was. John Wayne has know the Carey Family since the 30's. We are now working on the first time Dobe met John Wayne. Thanks for asking.

• Hondo Duke Lane,

I do think that Victor McLaglen would be proud of his son. Dobe got to make a lot of films & tv shows with him. He sure has his own style of directing.

• Hi Overland and headinwest,
    As we seem to have new theads being opened relating to
    Harry Carey Jr., I think, for contunuity reasons,
    it's time to merge them all into our dedicated thread

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

• Hondo Duke Lane,

I do think that Victor McLaglen would be proud of his son. Dobe got to make a lot of films & tv shows with him. He sure has his own style of directing.

in my opinion I believe you are right. I never doubted that. What kind of relationship did the McLaglen men have with each other? I think it was good, but maybe you can shed some light.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Harry and I just finished another dvd John Wayne meets Lucy. Dobe talks about John Wayne Morgan Woodward, Chuck Roberson, Lucy and more.