Harry Carey Jr.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 148 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by dukefan1.

• Re: Pals Of The Saddle- Harry Carey Jr.

Here is a short video of Harry & Ben
      which I believe has not been posted before,
      if so, it's nice to remind ourselves of their enduring friendship.
      They Rode Their Trails Together
      Thanks to Russ Brown for informing us
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England
    • Re: General "RIP" announcements that might be of interest

I Just received this from my friend that went to Harry's memorial. He was such a kind man. Until a couple of years ago he would e-mail answers to questions people would ask him and was so personable about it. I remember him first in Rio Grande on the Morning Movie as a latch key kid in the early 50s and then Spin and Marty on the Mickey Mouse Club in the midle 50s. Me thinks we lost a Great American Treasure when Harry Carey Jr. got on the train to paradise.

Z1.jpg
      Files
      • Z1.jpg

(94.83 kB, downloaded 12 times, last: )

I Had some surgery done on my hand and am just now able to Put these togather to Post. My friend Gregg got these from Jennie Knudsen Who wrote the story "My Memories Of Dobe." I thought it was nice of her to allow me to share this with everyone. I hope you can read the article and the Obituary. If you click on the little picture you can magnify the article.

[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]3054

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
      Files
      • Dobe1.jpg

(100.8 kB, downloaded 16 times, last: )
      • Dobe4.jpg

(100.62 kB, downloaded 10 times, last: )
      • Dobe6.jpg

(104.12 kB, downloaded 7 times, last: )
    • Re: John Ford Books

Harry Carey, Jr.'s Company of Heroes: My Life as an Actor in the John Ford Stock Company is being published in paperback format on December 7, 2013 by Taylor Trade Publishing. I'm so glad this wonderful book is coming back into print!

rowman.com/ISBN/9781589799110
    • Re: John Ford Books

ethanedwards wrote:

Thanks for the update Paula.
      I still treasure my signed hardback

Same here ordered it and had Dobe sign it about 10 years ago.
      Kevin - Moderator/Administrator
      jwayne.com

Always wanted my own copy but I had to be satisfied with reading the library copy. Recently I checked it out again and I was mortified when my cat, Jet, chewed the cover! I paid for the damaged book and now I have my own copy at the expense of everyone else in the system. Bad kitty! (He thinks he's a dog.) I feel guilty that no one else will be able to read Dobe's book. It was the only one in the system. I hope it gets reprinted soon so I can donate one to the library as a replacement.
      We're burning moonlight.

Companies of Heroes will shortly be re-published in paperback for a very reasonable $16.95 list price, in case anyone still wants a copy for their library.

It will also be available as an e-book for $9.99.

rowman.com/ISBN/9781589799110