Susan Hayward

There are 26 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 53,534 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Seeing these pics remind me of a story told about how Susan Hayward was so "enamored" of John Wayne, that she confronted Chata - Duke's 2nd wife - and (being slightly tipsy) challenged her to a fight, with the winner claiming final, and complete claim on him!

I've heard this from several QUITE reliable sources, and my only regret about the story is that I wasn't around to see it happen!

I believe it was Pilar whom she challenged to a fight on the set of "The Conqueror". I also believe while making that movie during a love scene Duke was quite shocked at her being very full on an example being her shoving her tongue into Duke's mouth.

Regards
    Robbie

• Hi

Robbie's version is the correct one. If Susan Hayward had challenged Chata to a fight (given her drinking and temper record) Chata would probably have killed her.

Regards

Arthur

Walk Tall - Talk Low

• I agree Arthur, Chata was to say the least not a pushover,
    as Duke found to his peril!

As these posts are off topic, I have moved them to this thread.

Best Wishes
    Keith
    London- England

Edited once, last by ethanedwards ().