Legend of the Lost (1957)

There are 116 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 88,934 times. The latest Post () was by Tbone.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Hello All I gave my Legends of the Lost Movie lobby Poster to a local restaurant/ pub. I sometimes go for an ale there and look up and smile to see it. take care murray

Greetings from North of the 49th

• I liked this movie! I thought the Duke was very convincing as a dessert guide. How can you not want to watch Sophia Loren! Mum Ma Mia!

• I almost feel bad for admitting I really enjoyed this film after the awful reviews it's had in here. I didn't think it was amazing or anything but it was a nice little escapist movie and it was nice to see Duke in a different setting, I thought he played it really well. I almost thought it was Red River esque the way Duke was originally set up as the bad or rough guy but he came through in the end, the scene where he rescues Loren from the guy is great. The movie had a lot of suspense then the payoff then a twist, alot happened with a small cast but I enjoyed it, was a good story and Duke was good as always.

• I almost feel bad for admitting I really enjoyed this film after the awful reviews it's had in here.

No need to feel bad, I too really enjoyed it when I saw it recently! It'd be a boring place if we all liked the same things!

Also, welcome to the forum! I've only been here a while and it's a great place for Duke related info and general stuff. It's good natured and friendly which is refreshing.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• I'm glad you're enjoying some of the eps, Keith.

I bought about four seasons, so as to see if my original poor opinion of the series was justified. And sho 'nuff, old buddy, it was. :wink::wink:

All my life (75 years, so far), Western movies and TV series have been my favorite form of entertainment. But I remember when "Rawhide" became a new TV show, I stopped watching after about the first season because I thought the series stunk. And 45-50 years later, I haven't changed my mind.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Legend of the Lost This is one of the few Wayne movies I had not seen. Words fail me. I just kept looking at his hair trying to decide if he was or wasn't wearing his toupee.

• Well, I'm a mere child of 64 years of age and I have to agree with Stumpy.
    I recall most of the glut of western shows from the '50s and Rawhide was never a favorite. I'm going to make some enemies here, but I also thought Gunsmoke stunk to high heaven. I never even thought of it as a western, but more of a soap opera. Watching the reruns has only enforced that opinion.
    Have Gun Will Travel, Wanted: Dead or Alive, The Rebel, Maverick, Yancey Derringer, The Dakotas and a much later series called The Outcasts were my favorites.
    Probably forgot a few, but that's a perk at my age.

We deal in lead, friend.