Angel And The Badman (1947)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 119 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by lasbugas.

• Re: Angel And The Badman (1947)

The one thing that made me do a double take was when Hank Worden showed up, that was cause I didn't think he had made a movie with Duke till a decade later.

imdb.com/title/tt0039152/alternateversions

That link indicates that there is a colorized version.

That's a different channel... he said Hallmark Movie Channel which is different from just the Hallmark Channel. I've heard of the Hallmark Movie Channel and I may get it by the end of the year. We just found out that Comcast is buying our cable company, Insight Communications. They are suppose to be much bigger but some people I know that have their Broadband says that Comcast throttles customers Internet speeds if it is used too much. I'm glad I never switched over to cable Internet... I don't like being throttled. I want to get what I pay for.

The Hallmark Movie Channel is on Dish Network. I think it is one of our newer channels cause right now, they're basically showing the same movies over and over. The Angel and the Badman is scheduled to be shown several times this week. We have the Hallmark Channel, and the Hallmark Movie Channel. Two separate channels.
    • Angel & The Badman

There are many different versions of Angel & The Badman out on DVD, and I was wondering if anyone knew what version or studio is the best out there.

This movie is obviously on public domain and no one has control of the distribution of this movie. So, I come here for your advice on an appropriate copy of this movie. It is from Republic Pictures, but many studios have used this movie in multidisc collections. I'd like to have it as an individual, but that may not be possible.

What is your suggestion?

Cheers Hondo :cool:
      [IMG:http://www.jwaynefan.com/images/gallery/libvalance.jpg]

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"
      - John Wayne quote
    • Re: Angel & The Badman

Hondo Duke Lane wrote:

There are many different versions of Angel & The Badman out on DVD, and I was wondering if anyone knew what version or studio is the best out there. What is your suggestion?
      Cheers Hondo :cool:

I think I would look for the one with the most extra features.

Chester :newyear:

They are all pretty much the same in terms of quality. I have the version with Tony Curtis introducing the movie and a short documentray on John Wayne on Film.

My DVD says it was Digitally Mastered. It didnt spot the difference. Maybe it was Tony's wig:wink_smile:

There are 18 versions on play.com

play.com/Search.aspx?searchtyp…&pa=search&go.x=30&go.y=7

Mike

gt12pak wrote:

I really didn't care much for the color version, although I only saw it on TV and not a DVD.

Let me add that I am not at all interested in a color version of this movie. I am the type who likes what the original production.

Cheers :cool: Hondo
      [IMG:http://www.jwaynefan.com/images/gallery/libvalance.jpg]

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"
      - John Wayne quote

Hondo Duke Lane wrote:

Let me add that I am not at all interested in a color version of this movie. I am the type who likes what the original production.

I've never been able to warm up to colorized b&w movies. They always look washed out to me. I think that any movie done after 1940 would have been done in color if the producers and directors wanted it that way. Some movies just do not lend themselves to colorization - ie. "Casablanca," JW's "Stagecoach," etc.
      Cheers - Jay

Jay J. Foraker wrote:

I've never been able to warm up to colorized b&w movies. They always look washed out to me. I think that any movie done after 1940 would have been done in color if the producers and directors wanted it that way. Some movies just do not lend themselves to colorization - ie. "Casablanca," JW's "Stagecoach," etc.
      Cheers - Jay

Ditto gents. If it was filmed in b&w, it needs to stay that way.
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..