Angel And The Badman (1947)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 119 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by lasbugas.

• Re: Angel & The Badman

Are there anyone out there that like any distributor who made that movie? Chester suggested that the one with the most extras in it. I don't really know of anybody who makes extras in Angel & The Badman. My collection is in need of this and I'd like to hear anybody who might recommend any.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"
      - John Wayne quote
    • Re: Angel And The Badman (1947)

This film was probably one of the first ones I owned, as it was in the "cheap" bin at the local KMart. But thank goodness for those cheap bins, as that's how I came to appreciate John Wayne, and get more interested in his films. Now it doesn't have to be cheap for me to buy it :wink_smile:!

Anyway, back to sharing movie posters, which is what got me to this thread this morning - the only pic I have is of a 1959 re-issue poster -

Angel and the Badman-1959 reissue poster.jpg

I must agree with You All I still like the Old Black and White film " Angel and the Badman" just the way it is now.
      :shades_smile:
      The Duke did the Film on a Shoe - String Budget of Way Under $100,000 in Sedona, Arizona in about 1947. How do I know? I was there, and even if I was only 16 years old I can remember how Duke and Yakima Canutt had to Cut Corners on the Film. It would have been Great if They could have done it in Color because of Great Color Landscape in Sedona.
      :wink_smile:
      The First Big Color Western Film that they did in Sedona was a few years later was "Broken Arrow" with Jimmy Stewart, but they ended up Spending $1,000,000.
      They ended up doing over 100 Films in Sedona, Arizona in the Next Few Years.
      :teeth_smile:

Here are some Pictures of Sedona as it is Today.

Chilibill
      :cowboy:

And still speaking about this film on a different note. I like it also because he plays a character with the same last name I have :teeth_smile: All that aside, its a gem of a movie.
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Is there anyone here that can help me with an appropriate studio release of this movie? I know there are many studios who have this out, but I am looking for the best release in black and white. Not really interested in the extras at all. When it comes down to it, the movie is the only thing I am interested in and want to know anyone opinion on the best one out. I don't need to know where I get it either. Most of my sources are reliable.

Thanks and Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"
      - John Wayne quote

It is inside the Universal collection of 34 movies. It is devided on parts, which can be bought seperetly. Angel and the badman is in the part John Wayne Out West, which includes Dark Command with documentary Young Duke, Tall in the Saddle, A and the B, The Fighting Kentuckian, War Wagon and Rooster Cogburn. The last 2 films even had subtitels in Russian. Can you imagine? they were released in UK! I think Universal was prepering this two movies to put on Russian Market of DVDs. They already appered here with some good releases of Duke and james Stewart movies.
      Regards,
      Senta:hyper:

Some time back I put up this Film Clip Story on "Angel and the Badman" that were taken from a Old 16 m.m. Film that I had gotten from Republic Studio back in the late 1950s and was a Good Copy. This was the only way we had to Watch Films at Home before V.H.S. and D.V.D. that we now have.
      :beer:

I did get a Good copy of the Film from "Good Times" a few years back and is Pretty Much like the Old 16 m.m. Film that I got back in the 1950s.
      :teeth_smile:

Below is the Picture Story of "Angel and the Badman."

Hi Senta

I would reckon this is the Universal title on it's own

play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/2241815/An…d-The-Badman/Product.html

When I am placing an order with play.com again I may order. mind you I am attached to Tony Curtis and his wig segment.

I think the problem is that a lot of the versions out there are public domain and originate from 16mm or video. Also, a lot are Region 0:cry2: LOL

Its a bit like the Mc Lintock DVD. There were loads of versions but the only one worth watching was the official edition which I got on Region 1 but is now available on Region 2

Mike

DukePilgrim wrote:

Hi Senta

I
      Its a bit like the Mc Lintock DVD. There were loads of versions but the only one worth watching was the official edition which I got on Region 1 but is now available on Region 2

Mike

Indeed? In Region 2 now? Thanks. I shall look for it. My MacLintock version is pretty bad.
      Regards,
      Senta

Bill,

Those are great pictures of the movie. I'm glad you have the 35mm. You don't happen to have the negative of this film? That would make the biggest difference. Do you know who owns this movie. I saw that it was a John Wayne Production, so does the estate have this?

Also, do you know why so many distributors have this movie on their label? I'd like to see somebody tackle this problem and get the approved version of this movie.

Cheers :cool:

- John Wayne quote