There are 238 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 244,879 times. The latest Post () was by Paula.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I might have been the keen fan who bought the Ben Johnson photo. Can you remember it enough to describe it?

Hi Paula, it was a month or so ago, Ben was wearing a leather jacket if I remember rightly, I think it was from Mighty Joe Young.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Dooley, is this the one? If it is, then yes, I got it. ;)

I've posted about 15 Mighty Joe Young publicity pictures to my Ben webpage and have collected a bunch more (including this one). Someday I'll get around to scanning them and adding them to my online archive. :) This is just a quick scan I made to post it here.

• OOOOOOO, handsome devil he is, Paula........yep, think that is the one, LOL! Yall should get together on these things and not bid against each other, LOL!KEITH

Dooley, is this the one? If it is, then yes, I got it. ;)

I've posted about 15 Mighty Joe Young publicity pictures to my Ben webpage and have collected a bunch more (including this one). Someday I'll get around to scanning them and adding them to my online archive. :) This is just a quick scan I made to post it here.

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Dooley, is this the one? If it is, then yes, I got it. ;)

Lol, yes Paula that's the one!
    I wish I'd known it was you as I wouldn't have bid it up so much; we were the only two bidding on it!
    Well at least between the two of us the folks on JWMB can see both!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Actually -- I did a post about this video at my Ben page last July, and April also posted about it at her John Ford website. I also contacted Clyde Lucas, who made the video, via e-mail and he wrote me back about it and also about the time he accompanied Ben and Harry Carey, Jr. to Cannes. Mr. Lucas is a long-time friend and business partner of Harry Carey, Jr. as well as a singer, songwriter, and producer -- he produced that wonderful documentary about Hank Worden. The post about Clyde and the video is no longer on the front page at my Ben site, but you can see it all (including several pictures from Cannes) in an album here: http://benjohnsonscreencaps.shutterfly.com/memorabilia/1187

• I should add that the video has disppeared from all the links I mentioned in my post at my Ben Johnson page -- it's not even on youtube anymore -- so I am very grateful to ethanedwards for posting the new link. ;)

• :wink_smile:

Paula thank you for this beautiful photo memories of Cannes, that I did not know ...

Unconditional's Maureen O'Hara !
    French-English translation: poor !!!
    :blush:

• This could go in several different folders but I'll put it in here and if EthanEdwards wants to copy it anywhere else... I know he will. ;)

This picture got me in trouble last night. I showed it to my wife as I am amazed at how good Claire Trevor looks in it. The wife then says "wow, it was taken on our wedding say". I am now in trouble for not noticing that. I dug the hole a little deeper by making a comment that I could have been at Cannes for an hommage to John Ford nstead of at the wedding. :wink_smile:

• Cannes was Ben Johnson's first trip to Europe, and he returned for a second trip with Harry Carey, Jr. to attend the Bergamo Film Meeting '96, which took place March 16-23. So 17 years ago today Ben and Dobe were being feted in Bergamo as honored guests at the meeting's retrospective of classic western films directed by John Ford, Robert Wise, Howard Hawks and Clint Eastwood.

I just posted to my Ben website scans of the cover of the '96 meeting's program book and the entire section devoted to Westerns, which includes articles about films by the four directors and profiles of some of the actors most associated with them -- as well as an article about Warren Oates. (Not sure how he sneaked in there but I'm glad he did.) ;)

Although the cover features a shot from The Searchers, there is no article about John Wayne (there is one on The Searchers). But there is a lot that would interest members of the forum and rather than try to divide things up in various threads, I'm just going to post about it here.

The text to all the articles is in Italian and a translation of the article about Ben is provided. Here's the link to the post on the front page of the site:

http://benjohnsonscreencaps.shutterfly.com

And a link directly to the scans of the program book. The album also includes three photos of Ben (two with Harry Carey, Jr.) at the festival.

http://benjohnsonscreencaps.shutterfly.com/memorabilia/1246

• A change!

The Ben Johnson Screencaps page is now the Ben Johnson Fan Page. I wanted a new title to reflect that there is a lot more there than just screencaps (though I'm always working on screencaps and many more are on the way).

The old Screencaps page will stay up so as not to break anyone's links but there will be nothing new added to it. All the new stuff is at the Fan Page, which has also undergone some reorganization and alphabetizing of albums and additional very minor tweaking.

Here's the new address, so please change your bookmarks. :)http://benjohnsonfanpage.shutterfly.com

To start things off right, here is the first new picture added to the Fan Page, from She Wore a Yellow Ribbon:

• The Warner Archive Collection has just announced the release of one of Ben Johnson's best B-westerns, Wild Stallion. This movie has shown up a lot on Encore Westerns and TCM but has never been released before on DVD. If you like watching Ben ride or work with horses -- this is the movie for you. ;)

http://shop.warnerarchive.com/…o?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn

A few pictures from a TCM broadcast of Wild Stallion