Salute (1929)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 20 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Hawkswill.

• Re: Salute (1929)

Hawkswill wrote:

I would almost KILL to see Ward in Salute. Can't believe someone has actually SEEN it! Oh, if only someone would put it out for us to get! 'Thanks for the pics and info. KEITH, (Ward's person, LOL)!

Watch this Clip
      (At the very beginning, Duke and Ward Bond)

[extendedmedia]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTuUkfUvO3U[/extendedmedia]
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

The post was edited 1 time, last by ethanedwards ().

• Re: Salute (1929)

Not sure, but I think this is mainly crew. Duke, besides having three parts, was in charge of Stepin Fetchit's wardrobe.....he was already working for Pappy then, but pretty sure this was his first speaking role. He played an underclassman in three places, and then Ward's upperclassman buddy after that. Some SUPER football game scenes where he and Ward were both actually the players.....I believe Duke was 10 and Ward was 46...been a while......but pretty sure that is correct. Yep. This pic shows them both
      going up to block O'Brien's Kick. You can see the vertical football's two stripes at the top of Ward's left hand when he blocked the kick. Duke is going up on the left a little behind Ward. I have a ton of screen catches if anyone would like them......most are very clear. Just let me know. KEITH Hadn't seen the "staff" picture or whatever it was, E Keith, thanks. Another for the old collection!

ethanedwards wrote:

People who worked on the 1929 movie Salute
      including Marion Morrison -- later known as John Wayne (on the right).
      God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hawkswill: mistake is verticle ().