Dean Martin

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 49 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by lasbugas.

• Re: Pals Of The Saddle- Dean Martin

This is from the video clip of Duke and Dino:

You might also remember that Duke had his cancer surgery recently and may have not recovered fully. The only reason I mention that is because they were viewing The Sons of Katie Elder which I think they just finished and that was his first picture after the surgery. That may also explain why they were sitting at a table for the interview.

Loved that clip. I never seen it.

Cheers :cool: Hondo

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"
      - John Wayne quote

I know early in Dean's movie career, there was a considerable amount of skepticism about his talent as an actor but as time wore on, I think he dispelled that skepticism.

I know he sure convinced me - I thought he did a great job as a Western actor in "Rio Bravo", "Sons of Katie Elder" and "Bandolero".
      De gustibus non est disputandum

John Wayne and Dean Martin had better chemistry than Dean and Jerry. You can tell that the two actors have a real affection for one another.
      I tried viewing the older clips on this site but they were deleted, so I don't know if it was included, but I recall somewhere Dean introducing JW as "my good friend, Duck". It even cracked Wayne up.

We deal in lead, friend.

Gorch wrote:

I tried viewing the older clips on this site but they were deleted, so I don't know if it was included, but I recall somewhere Dean introducing JW as "my good friend, Duck". It even cracked Wayne up.

I've renewed the links that I could, some were not avaliable.

Chester :newyear:

Thought I would share my friends in the States,
      this funny impression of Dean,
      by Freddie Starr, and English comedian,
      who was very popular a few years back

[extendedmedia]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Du3YELLqBc[/extendedmedia]
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

The post was edited 1 time, last by ethanedwards ().

a great actor and singer.i have 2 cds of dean martin.he was also excellent in showdown with rock hudson as the baddie.could play any part.he loved westerns,and i read that he once held a party for all his friends in his house and he left the party to watched a western.a cool guy