Without Reservations (1946)

There are 86 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 59,440 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Well OPEN IT AND WATCH IT Young Man, and tell me if it is worth getting?!

I bet you probably have 100 films you haven't opened. You are amazing.

LH

Lol, you're not wrong, I do have quite a few!:wink_smile:

Looking forward to Christmas so I can do some serious catching up!

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• Lol, you're not wrong, I do have quite a few!:wink_smile:

Looking forward to Christmas so I can do some serious catching up!

Oh Boy, sounds like fun, the Peter Dooley Parker Unopened as of Yet Film Festival!
    LH

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Great Pic, Larry. After watching some of the later movies of Duke, I sometimes forget how his face and body were thin in the older ones. Almost like two different but very much alike people. KEITH

• for those of you who haven't seen it, your not missing much. Keith was very kind with his rating.

• Yes, and I'm going to get it scanned into a PC so I can post it.

Who said it was his best film?

I am glad, that should be a really fun thing to see. Folks said when Dad and Tyrone Power were young, they looked very much alike. And now seeing Tyrone in The Long White Line, I can most definitely see a strong resemblance to Dad's younger pictures. Looking forward to it. KEITH
    Got a tape of your singing?

• I've never heard anyone say it was his best. I was making a point along the lines of: "It's not the best steak I've ever had, but it's still really good."

With regard to Tyrone Power: did you mean "The Long Grey Line," about West Point?

I have some stuff with me singing in quartets, and deep in the archives I think I have some solo stuff.

It's all still in Austin, and I'm still in East Tennessee. Not sure when the twain shall meet. Hopefully my SSI gets approved, and the time line speeds up.

• Yes, of course I meant The Long Grey Line. Don't know where the White came from. Must have been thinking about those Gol darn horses pulling the surrey! My cousin was Tach Officer at West Point...he graduated from The Citadel as Cadet Colonel and won the first Douglas MacArthur award. He later became a General and put in for Vietnam....they sent him to Germany. He finally finished his tour and put in again....this time he went to Washington and talked to some of the Higher generals that he used to be an aide for......to Vietnam he went. Didn't fly a desk as he was supposed to. Got put in charge of the Hueys.....got shot down twice behind enemy lines with his men.....should have been court martialed for that, but, Cecil always had a "way out", LOL. They finally made him retire like they did Marty. Not sure, but I think he only got up to two stars. He was a bit of a rogue!

FINALLY you answer me Russ about the two houses. Thought you were back to one now. Well, when will you find out? I want to hear you sing. If you got Curly's part, you have to be excellent! KEITH