Without Reservations (1946)

There are 86 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 59,962 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Without Reservations. Not the Duke's best to say the least, the idea had some potential and I quite liked the bits in Hollywood towards the end including the Grant cameo but the middle with the latin family and all the train stuff was pretty terrible. This really felt like much more of a Jimmy Stewart style movie than a Duke one but the Duke acquainted himself alright. Think alot more comedy could have been found if the film covered Duke trying to play the guy in the film but that may have been the kind of satire that was avoided at the time.

• Without Reservations. Not the Duke's best to say the least, the idea had some potential and I quite liked the bits in Hollywood towards the end including the Grant cameo but the middle with the latin family and all the train stuff was pretty terrible. This really felt like much more of a Jimmy Stewart style movie than a Duke one but the Duke acquainted himself alright. Think alot more comedy could have been found if the film covered Duke trying to play the guy in the film but that may have been the kind of satire that was avoided at the time.

• It's worth the effort for me just because it has the Duke in it and i'm aiming to watch everythings hes been in thats avaliable. As a film I didn't think it was great but it's probably fairly standard for most mid 1940's rom-coms. I found Claudette Colbert intensely annoying in this whereas I quite enjoyed her in It's a Wonderful World with Jimmy Stewart.

• It's worth the effort for me just because it has the Duke in it and i'm aiming to watch everythings hes been in thats avaliable. As a film I didn't think it was great but it's probably fairly standard for most mid 1940's rom-coms. I found Claudette Colbert intensely annoying in this whereas I quite enjoyed her in It's a Wonderful World with Jimmy Stewart.