Andy Devine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 36 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by lasbugas.

• Re: Pals Of The Saddle- Andy Devine

Wonderful pictures and a great article thanks!

Does anyone know of a published bio on Andy Devine

or

of him actually saying he was one of the stunt swimmers in Noah's Ark?

I know JW said that he and Andy were stunt swimmers but it would be nice to have confirmation from Andy as well.

thanks Elly
      Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

The post was edited 1 time, last by Elly: spelling what else? LOL ().

Since I was a kid, Andy Devine has always been a favorite of mine.
      Wikipedia has a couple on pages of interest, one a bio of Andy, Here, but not showing any book bios of his life.
      Another Here, a Description of the movie "Noah's Ark", where it mentions Andy and Duke working on it,

Chester :newyear:

ethanedwards wrote:

Elly,
      not even in our thread
      Noah's Ark

It just mentions what Duke said about it.

Thanks Keith I know and it would have been nice to have his confirmation.

kind regards

Elly
      Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

What the link on Wikipedia says is;

"John Wayne and Andy Devine were among the hundreds of extras in the flood scene. Wayne also worked in the prop department for the film."

Now, I can't vouch for Wikipedia, as, from what I have heard, just about anyone can get on there to modify the information. But there you go, if you want to create some documentation, when in Rome, do as the Romans do. (-;

Chester :newyear:

I caught Andy in Law & Order, the '32 version with Walter Huston. If it hadn't been for his voice, I may not have recognized him. He was tall & trim, athletic looking. Always enjoyed him in everything he did.

I remember Andy as a "child" and what is really scarey is I remember the words to the theme song. Including the end where he said "plunk your majic twanger froggy" boingyerer hiya kids hya hya. Pretty crazy huh. I feel dumb even writing this but oh well that's the way it was. Big Jim

Scan0001.jpg

.. ..