Yakima Canutt

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 39 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ethanedwards.

• Re: Yakima Canutt Book

Hi,

I've just done a very quick search there are some out there from Amazon and other book companies ranging from $48 up to $400 for a signed copy. A more thourough search may find one cheaper.

For the Brits $48 is only £24 and with the price of books nowadays thats not bad for an our of print book.

Regards

Arthur
      Walk Tall - Talk Low
    • Re: Pals Of The Saddle- Yakima Canutt

Keith, once again you have given me some very interesting reading about the world's best Stuntman. Thank you, you are doing a marvelous job. Best regards--C.
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

Hello Keith

You have finally got me hooked!

I have tried to avoid your pals of the saddle posts because I just knew that once I started, like a good book I would not be able to put it down until it was finished then would want more.

I was RIGHT! What a fantastic series, ever thought of collating into a book! If you do put me down for the first copy. (signed copy of course)

Now off to read some more.

Thank you so much.

Who else like me thinks there are just so many interesting areas surrounding JW? Its great after being a long time fan to be still discovering them.
      Be who you are & say what you feel Because those who mind dont matter & those who matter dont mind

Hello Elly, I completely agree with you on all of this. Im only just beginning my Trek through what Keith and Jim & Sue have put here. Im going to be quite busy reading for quite sometime to come. ;-))
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

John Crawford is not Johnny Crawford. John is an actor, too. He played the Mayor in Clint Eastwood's "The Enforcer." Also, was in Burt Lancaster "Apache" and was one of the Argonauts in "Jason and the Argonauts." He's a good man, good director and a hell of a producer. It was an honor to have been "Yakima and John's" partner. To make "Yak's Best Ride" was something I'll never forget. John & I wrote the song first. It was just like it happen. Meeting "Yakima" at Smokey Joes. I'm glad we got his star on the Walk of Fame...well deserved. Mr. Heston drove over from the set of the Colby's just to be there. Said he would have drove alot further for Yakima. They don't make men like Yakima anymore...he was truely one of a kind. 4 major careers in one lifetime...wow!!!

The post was edited 2 times, last by headinwest ().