Randolph Scott

There are 147 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 190,382 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Yesterday I watched The Tall T again. Truly a wonderful performance from Randolph Scott and Richard Boone. This time I went through all the commentaries, even the ones from Quentin Tarantino and Clint Eastwood (not a fan of the former). Most edifying. The film historian pointed out how Boone's character instantly knew the only person to be concerned about on the stage was Randolph Scott's Brennan.

We're burning moonlight.

• I never have been able to take to Scott's movie for whatever reason and I've watched many. Within the Western genre he is regarded very highly (even above John Wayne), however when I watch he movies they feel cheap and boring.

I haven't seen the 2 movies he made with John Wayne and I have no desire to either as I believe both movies are awful with Duke playing second and third fiddle and being pretty much bested in all departments by Scott.

Regards
    Robbie

• Scott made films with John Wayne?

'You'd do it for Randolph Scott.' Blazing Saddles

I didn't have a have a clue who Randolph Scott was. Really. Why didn't they say John Wayne? Everyone knows John Wayne!

The first film I saw with Randolph Scott was Ten Wanted Men, and I was not impressed. I am not making this up. This film was made by Scott's own production company, and the director was apparently a nitwit. Of Richard Boone's performance one critic said, 'There was too much Method in his madness,' and I (dear Lord, here I am criticising Richard Boone) find that I must agree. The director made him far too loony than was necessary. Boone was a scenery-chewing, Snidely Whiplash, sniveling, humourless villain. He was no fun at all.

I blame the director entirely. Richard Boone was capable of being a greater villain than Wick Campbell any day of the week. Campbell was one-dimensional and dull. Boring, even.

Randolph Scott didn't come off remotely interesting in this film, either. His acting was as flat as the screen. The director should have been shot in the first scene and Scott or Boone would have directed, or even one of the saguaro cactuses could have done a better job. It couldn't have done any worse. Randolph Scott's horse, Stardust, came off better onscreen than he did. Plunging through the river several times and then racing up to the cabin, I believed the horse more than anyone else in the film. Stardust should have gotten the nod for an award compared to everyone else. At least he knew something was going on and didn't walk through his part.

We're burning moonlight.