Randolph Scott

There are 147 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 190,416 times. The latest Post () was by lasbugas.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Guys, just started looking at this thread and now all set to get into watching Scott's films! Which ones would you suggest as a novice? I hear tall T is a good one? I love the Anthony Mann James Stewart Westerns FYI.

"Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!"

• The Tall T is outstanding...but I'll be accused of being a Richard Boone fan for supporting that one.

As I wrote above, Randolph Scott made a previous film with Richard Boone which was absolutely dreadful. :vomit: I believed the horse more. About Boone's performance a critic wrote, 'there was too much Method in his madness.' It went downhill from there. That one was Ten Wanted Men. Painful to watch those performances.

I've decided to blame the script from now on. :hyper: I'm happy again.

We're burning moonlight.

• The Tall T is outstanding...but I'll be accused of being a Richard Boone fan for supporting that one.

As I wrote above, Randolph Scott made a previous film with Richard Boone which was absolutely dreadful. :vomit: I believed the horse more. About Boone's performance a critic wrote, 'there was too much Method in his madness.' It went downhill from there. That one was Ten Wanted Men. Painful to watch those performances.

I've decided to blame the script from now on. :hyper: I'm happy again.

Thanks for the info.
    I've ordered The Tall T, so will post what I think here!

• Another great Scott (pun intended) is "Ride the High Country". It's his last film so having seen some of his priors lends it more gravitas. Besides Randy, there's Joel McCrea, Warren Oates, Edgar Buchannan, L.Q. Jones, John Anderson and R.G. Armstrong.

We deal in lead, friend.

• Another great Scott (pun intended) is "Ride the High Country". It's his last film so having seen some of his priors lends it more gravitas. Besides Randy, there's Joel McCrea, Warren Oates, Edgar Buchannan, L.Q. Jones, John Anderson and R.G. Armstrong.

We deal in lead, friend.

That was funny even if unintended. I've added Ride the High Country to my Netflix queue. I don't know how I did not know who Randolph Scott was in my childhood. All my heroes were cowboys, of course...

I still love horses. Thanks for the recommendation.

We're burning moonlight.

We deal in lead, friend.

Just ordered "ride the high country" as part of a Randolph Scott 4 film set. Bargain price, just got to wait for it to sail over to the UK now!

• Watched Colt .45 yesterday, good classic western.
    Favourite quote: Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!
    I'd love that to have been a Duke quote as I'd have used it on my posts!

• Favorite quote: Pour yourself some backbone and shut up!
    I'd love that to have been a Duke quote as I'd have used it on my posts!

Hey, we've been known for a little "artistic license" around here. Maybe Duke did use it in one of his early movies. :wink_smile: I'm sure he would have liked to have used it!

Chester :newyear:

• Hey, we've been known for a little "artistic license" around here. Maybe Duke did use it in one of his early movies. :wink_smile: I'm sure he would have liked to have used it!

Chester :newyear:

My thoughts exactly.
    You can even hear how he would deliver the line, it sounds so much like a Duke quote!

• I have been watching all the Ranolph Scott Budd Boetticher Westerns and have to say they are very good indeed. I must admit that I never really rated Randolph Scott and found him a bit 'weak' on screen but these westerns when he was older are superb.

• I have been watching all the Randolph Scott - Budd Boetticher Westerns and have to say they are very good indeed. I must admit that I never really rated Randolph Scott and found him a bit 'weak' on screen but these westerns when he was older are superb.

Great scripts and an excellent director make a difference, don't they? Then again Budd Boetticher can spin gold out of straw. :wink_smile:

We're burning moonlight.

• Got round to scanning a few other bits. This is one of my favourite pieces, autographed by the man himself. I hope you all enjoy it too.

• Have not seen the "older" person Randolph Scott movies....except for one, LOL! But, this is a great pic, Peter and to have it autographed also! Thanks for sharing. KP

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE