Walter Brennan

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 34 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by may2.

• Re: Pals Of The Saddle- Walter Brennan

chester7777 wrote:

I did email the current owners of the Indian Lodge Motel, to see if they have any information about Walter Brennan's ownership of it in years past.
      Chester :newyear:

Today they answered back, "Yes he did." Not very talkative owners ! :glare:

The post was edited 1 time, last by chester7777 ().

A class act, interesting that gas exposure changed his voice and became part of his characters personna. Too bad the owners of that Motel in Oregon don't feel inclined to talk more. You would think with a little effert they could work things so the association with such a well liked actor would be good for business.
      Greetings from North of the 49th

a great actor,wayne and himself acted well together.he was brillerent as old man clanton in my darling clementine and stumpy in rio bravo.but i will alsways remember him in the guns of will sonnett with that famous line " no brag, just fact.

It was REALLY a shock to see him as the river pirate in How The West was Won. At that time I only knew him mainly from Rio Bravo & his TV series The Real McCoys.

The Tennesseean wrote:

Wasn't the name of the recording (or the song, at least) "Old Rivers?"

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Spot on..
      ..and from our Mini-Biography-2, on our opening profile.
      He even had a hit record in later years, the spoken/sung "Old Rivers," which led to several albums of similar material.

and Trivia
      Had four top 100 singles, including the Top 5 hit "Old Rivers" (Liberty Records) which first charted on April 7, 1962. The single spent 11 weeks on the Billboard charts and peaked at number 5.
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

The post was edited 5 times, last by ethanedwards ().

He was one of a kind! Don't remember him in How the West Was Won, Guess i'll have to pull that out again. He seemed to have a great working repore with the Duke! I wish he made more movies with him! He could have been Ward Bond No.2!!

wtrayah wrote:

He was one of a kind! Don't remember him in How the West Was Won, Guess i'll have to pull that out again. He seemed to have a great working repore with the Duke! I wish he made more movies with him! He could have been Ward Bond No.2!!

he was the boss of the river pirates,in the james stewart segment