Kirk Douglas

There are 29 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 48,258 times. The latest Post () was by MichaelHarrison.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• FOUND my lost External Hard Drive, FINALLY. So many things to go over I haven't seen in many months.......Hooray! This morning watched The Champion 1949 Kirk Douglas. For those of you have passed this one up, go back and get it. It was a movie that gave Kirk Douglas the break he needed to go over the top.......even though it was a B film type........it sure didn't show in the camera work, and acting of Kirk and the cast. Also, Kirk, at 32 was a very convincing boxer due to his earlier experiences. And, for those days, the make-up was magic. No "give aways" here, but this was one of the best fight movies especially for the budget that I have ever seen. These two pictures show the end of the fight where the boxer was "finished" until he saw things that pushed him past his limit. The second picture is probably one of the most powerful acting scenes from Kirk Douglas ever. My take, anyway. Last picture shows the shape that Kirk was in at the time of the filming. The fight scenes were some of the best, (you MIGHT see a few missed punches, but just don't look for them, LOL)! Definitely worth the watch if somehow you missed it in all these years, LOL! KEITH
    dukewayne.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/3792/dukewayne.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/3793/ dukewayne.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/3794/

God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

• Great actor! Made some great movies! Never could really warm up to him though. Liked his son better!

And some not so great. I can never see or think of Kirk Douglas without thinking of this
    The Villain..jpg

The Villain with Arnold Schwartzeneger and Anne Margaret among others. A live action Road Runner Cartoon from the late 70s. Not The Chins finest hour.

• It's another birthday for Kirk Douglas! He turns 102 today (Dec 9th) He is one of the last surviving stars of the film industry's Golden Age.
    kirk-and-anne-douglas[1].jpg

And I was wondering who else was still around from the golden age of Hollywood and found a wikipedia page for it: List of living actors from the Golden Age of Hollywood - Wikipedia