Does Anyone Know This Song?

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by colkid60.

• Originally posted by AmericasHero_JohnWayne@Mar 9 2006, 10:16 PM
      hi...i wanted to ask if anyone knows what the name of the song that was made i believe in 1978 was and who sang it...i remember just a few lyrics from it because i was only 11 when i heard it...hes tall in the saddle he shoots right from the hip...one eyed rooster cogburn the hero of true grit,the only way wed lose you would be from the movie stage,both your guns a blazing in the shootist maqeurade...i remember all hisd sidekicks just to name a few,walter brennan gabby hayes california to,the stagecoach was a classic,a credit to his name when i think of heroes i think of you john wayne...does anyone know the name of this song and who sang it...please help...thank you
      [snapback]28763[/snapback]

Hi,

AmericasHero_JohnWayne, a Newbie,

posted this in the wrong topic, so to help,
      I have moved it here, and started a new topic.

Can anyone answer this?
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England
    • Originally posted by chester7777@Mar 10 2006, 06:28 AM
      Haven't had any luck so far, but found a good site for some downloadable John Wayne
      Speeches

Chester  :newyear: ]
      [snapback]28783[/snapback]

Does anyone know this song?

I've never heard of it! Has anyone Stateside?
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England
    • AmericasHero_JohnWayne, maybe you could give us an idea when you heard this song. I realize that would mean revealing your age, but it might help to narrow it down to a certain time frame. Also, could tell us the context in which you heard it? What I mean is, was it in a movie, on the radio, or some other venue? Any details you can give us might help. :rolleyes:

I searched Google for about thirty pages, using several blocks of the lyrics you posted, but to no avail.

It sounds like a totally great song, I'd sure love to find a copy of it myself.

Chester :newyear:
    • Originally posted by chester7777@Mar 10 2006, 09:03 PM
      AmericasHero_JohnWayne, maybe you could give us an idea when you heard this song.  I realize that would mean revealing your age, but it might help to narrow it down to a certain time frame.  Also, could tell us the context in which you heard it?  What I mean is, was it in a movie, on the radio, or some other venue?  Any details you can give us might help. :rolleyes:

I searched Google for about thirty pages, using several blocks of the lyrics you posted, but to no avail.

It sounds like a totally great song, I'd sure love to find a copy of it myself.

[snapback]28853[/snapback]

i dont mind telling my age.. im 38 and i was around 11 when i heard it so it would be back in 1978 and we recorded it off a coiuntry music station onto a tape recorder...the entire song i dont know since we got to it late...but the lyrics are...hes tall in the saddle he shoots right from the hip,one eyed rooster cogburn the hero of true grit...the only way wed lose you would be from the movie stage,both your guns a blazing in the shootists masqeurade...i remember all his sidekicks just to name a few,walter brennan gabby hayes california too...the styagecoach was a classic...a credit to his name,when i think of heroes,i think of you john wayne...(chorus) hes tall in the saddle he shoots right from the hip one eyed rooster cogburn the hero of true grit,and dont forget the quiet man or the class of the green berets,john waynes a living legend and hes still with us today...thats all i can remember of this song and it was on the radio...anybody who can find the title or who sang it i would greatly appreciate. :)
    • AHJW,

Where were you living at the time? Was it a song you heard often, or just the one time? What I'm aiming at here is this - was the song possibly one that made it onto the charts in 1978? Or was it maybe a local performer, getting some play time on the local station? I hope I'm not hounding you, just looking for any clues that might lead us to an answer.

Thanks for helping out with additional details :D !

• The ballad of the duke- dallas harms.mpg on youtube. Thanks Fsnes.
      Ok, now you leaders of this site, let's get this out to the Duke fans.
      "A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower