"Lost" John Wayne Films

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

There are 24 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bravo.

• Re: "lost" John Wayne Films

arthurarnell wrote:

Hi Bob

Maker of Men is available from the John Wayne Film Society on DVD price £10.99.
      Hope this helps.

Regards

Arthur

Howdy Arthur,
      Thanks! I'm headed there now to take a look.

Best Always,
      Bob
      "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

Colorado Bob wrote:

Well, I like the way you have it laid out, so I'm gonna give it a try. But be forewarned, I am now adopting you as my "spreadsheet tutor", so I may have some questions for you!
      Bob

When I used to teach adult computer classes for a vo-tech school, my oldest student at that time was an 85 year old retired federal judge that I knew. I had classes of 30 adults and taught each portion of Office in 9 hours classes spread over 3 days. And if you've ever personally known a federal judge, they can get stubborn and stuck in their ways, so I'm not worried.

I just bought "Salute" from the film society. It was a great copy.

DakotaSurfer wrote:

When I used to teach adult computer classes for a vo-tech school, my oldest student at that time was an 85 year old retired federal judge that I knew. I had classes of 30 adults and taught each portion of Office in 9 hours classes spread over 3 days. And if you've ever personally known a federal judge, they can get stubborn and stuck in their ways, so I'm not worried.

I just bought "Salute" from the film society. It was a great copy.

How much is it to join the John Wayne Film Society? In US Dollars?
      "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them" It may be time worn, but it's the best life-creed I know.

The first year is £14.99 GBP which included postage for all the stuff they send you, in US money it cost me $30.77 but it depends on the exchange rate for that day.

Then yearly renewal is £7.00 or about $14.50 plus postage. To me it's worth it to get some of the movies we are missing but our DVD players won't play the movies, I have the software to convert it to Region Free.

Hi Bob

it cost £7.00 so I should imagine about $14 American for this aside from having access to some good bargains you also get two newsletters per year. I think when Roland joined some years ago he was also able to get the back copies for not a lot.

If you can't buy all of them let me know which ones you are short and I'll try to get you photocopies.

I think it's worth it.

Regards

Arthur
      Walk Tall - Talk Low
    • Re: "Lost" John Wayne Films

Hello reguarding loss films of john wayne i can recall back 5 or 6 years some one on ebay did have a copy of adventures end i been looking for a copy my self for alone time to any infor reguarding john wayne in oregion trail i like to see this one my self never did some of the one on your list i have seen around for sure not all a few let me know email me at elvis4346@aol.com
    • New

I found some independent suppliers who are selling public domain films on eBay. I’m quickly closing the gap on the first 28 films and discovered a few that Are not in my John Wayne film books. Brown of Harvard; Bardelys the Magnificent; The Shamrock Handicap; Annie Laurie; Drop Kick; The Draw Back; Mother Machree; Four Sons; Hangman’s House; Noah’s Ark; The Black Watch etc. and many more impossible to find in the commercial market. To me, a Library of Congress, as is copy, rather than a commercially enhanced copy is “mejor que nada”!!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_card_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="3" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">