Erie Canal

There are 2 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,468 times. The latest Post () was by chester7777.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• Watched Rio Grande last night. I swore in one scene the soldiers were singing the song Erie Canal. I know Bruce Springsteen just recorded that song. Did they actually sing Erie Canal in Rio Grande?

• Sorry everybody, I kind of posted this befor, but couldn't find the original. Still trying to figure out how to do this message board thing. Just ignore my previous one.

• Hey, Harry, this message board is a different format than many other message boards, though once you get used to it, I think you'll find it superior to most.

We've all made the mistake you have :D , it's a learning experience!

Mrs. C :angel1:

P.S. I'll have to pull out Rio Grande and check it out. However, the Erie Canal was completed in 1825, and the song of the same name was fairly popular. It's not beyond imagination that 40+ years later, folks might be singing it (here it is, nearly 200 years later, and I know the song, so it has some enduring quality).