There are 3 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,743 times. The latest Post () was by SXViper.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

Originally posted by don diefenderfer@May 13 2006, 10:32 PM
    I would like to purchase a John Wayne 32-40 rifle

[snapback]31278[/snapback]

Hi Don, welcome to the John Wayne Messageboard.

The type of gun you are probably looking at is a Winchester Model 94 32-40 with the 13" loop. The models made from about 1960 till early this year(machine built) are not as good of quality or as highly sought after then the pre 1960 models(hand built). So if you want one of those you will surely pay a good amount of cash for one. Here is a link to a commemoritive edition of the John Wayne rifle to give you a idea what is looks like and what they are going for. John Wayne 32-40 Rifle I would think you could find a model 94 allot cheaper then this one. Try checking your local gun dealers.
    One thing to note above, I did say early this year when I was talking about the "machined" versions, Winchester is no longer in buisness and the rifles are now a thing od the past, so if you are looking for one, buy now as they more then likely will not be getting any cheaper. Good luck and let us know what you find. And come back to the board once in awhile, we have a great group of people who enjoy ytalking about John Wayne.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• LSI is now offering a Winchester replica '92, the kind of rifle that was so predominant in all of his westerns, with the later style loop, although I believe they still offer the larger lever loop also. They go for about $520 MSRP. I was lucky enough to get an older one a few years ago that had the larger loop and have had a ball with it.

• Thanks Bucksweet. Yes there are now a couple comapnies making replicas and LSI have one under the Puma name I believe. The guns are really starting to make a come back and companies are jumping on a chance to make replicas and make some money. Just make sure you research now as some oare really "cheap" knockoffs.

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne