Pinned How Do You Became A John Wayne Fan?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 183 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by DCtheQuietMan.

• Re: How Do You Became A John Wayne Fan?

JamesMace wrote:

First JW movie I ever saw at the theater was in 1950. I think. But I first really started noticing him in "Sons of Katie Elder." Met Wayne in 1975 at Universal Pictures when he was making "Rooster Cogburn," and got his autograph in his 1925 Glendale High yearbook. (My aunt knew him in high school.)

Thanks for your first post JamesMace
      I have extended you a WELCOME
      Here
      Best Wishes
      Keith
      London- England

JamesMace wrote:

First JW movie I ever saw at the theater was in 1950. I think. But I first really started noticing him in "Sons of Katie Elder." Met Wayne in 1975 at Universal Pictures when he was making "Rooster Cogburn," and got his autograph in his 1925 Glendale High yearbook. (My aunt knew him in high school.)

That is so cool! Lucky you.

Mark
      "I couldn't go to sleep at night if the director didn't call 'cut'. "

JamesMace wrote:

Very cool James! Lucky dog, you! KEITH
      God, she reminds me of me! DUKE

Well my fanship started like this: my dad is a Republican: one of the few African american Republicans in our area. He raised us that way. He was always talking about how this guy named john Wayne, an actor, was republican. Well, when I was seven, my best friend, whose family is big on john, showed me my first john Wayne film, Big Jake. I was mesmerized. He was everything I thought a man should be. I started my collection at the age of ten. He is one of the reasons I am a Republican and a hard core one.
      Thanks John
      Greenberetkirby

greenberetkirby- Great story, and a great Dad. Welcom aboard.
      "A people that values their Privileges above it's Principles. Soon looses both." Dwight Eisenhower

i was always a big fan of John Wayne I was going to grow up and marry him. i always watched his movies. he is the one n only greatested star.
      i had friend in grade school who say a picture of my dad and said he looks like John Wayne. that realy felt great.
      lindaj48
      THE SKYS NOT THE LIMIT NOR ARE THE STAIES
      lindaj48
      lindaj48
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • My father introduced me to John Wayne when he use to watch True Grit in the early and mid 70's. I knew his infamous "fill your hands" line before I knew much else about him. That use to tickle my dad so much. Have been a fan ever since. But I have to say what really got me more intensely involved in John Wayne lately was the direction of this country and the fact the world I knew so well when John Wayne was alive is almost gone. Watching John Wayne movies keeps my feet firmly in the ground the way I want it.