Last Non Western You Watched

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Your view is limited. Please register to the JWMB to access all features.

There are 8,426 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by WaynamoJim.

• Watched an actioner the other night - "The Rundown." Not bad for its type with gorgeous scenery (filmed in Hawaii playing the part of Brazil). Starred wrestling megastar "The Rock," aka Darryl Johnson, who actually has some kind of screen presence. Also starred Rosario Dawson (MIBII, Adventures of Pluto Nash) as the female eye-candy as well as Christopher Walken doing a turn as a tongue-in-cheek villain. Not too bad as a B movie action flick with lots of wrestling-style fights.
      Cheers - Jay :D
      Cheers - Jay:beer:
      "Not hardly!!!"
    • Originally posted by Jay J. Foraker@Jun 7 2006, 03:55 PM
      Watched an actioner the other night - "The Rundown."  Not bad for its type with gorgeous scenery (filmed in Hawaii playing the part of Brazil).  Starred wrestling megastar "The Rock," aka Darryl Johnson, who actually has some kind of screen presence.  Also starred Rosario Dawson (MIBII, Adventures of Pluto Nash) as the female eye-candy as well as Christopher Walken doing a turn as a tongue-in-cheek villain.  Not too bad as a B movie action flick with lots of wrestling-style fights.
      Cheers - Jay :D
      [snapback]31950[/snapback]

Jay, that was a good movie to get away for a couople hours with. Nothing great for acting, just a fun flick to get your mind off things for a bit.
      Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
      -John Wayne
    • I started last eve with a Western on one of the cable stations. After it was over, I then watched Dirty Harry w/ Clint Eastwood, John Mitchum and Harry Guardino. Dang it, I sure do miss Mitchum and Guardino. :(

After that I watched La Strada (The Street) w/ Anthony Quinn (The great Pompano) & Richard Basehart (The Fool). Again, that kind of movie aint my typical type to watch but, I did so only because Anthony Quinn and Richard Basehart were in it. This movie is a wierd but enjoyable movie. Also was in Italian being that it was filmed there.
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..
    • Last night my wife and I watched Firewall with Harrison Ford. It was a passable, drama/thriller that was alright. It was definitely a renter though. But, it could have been much worse. It had the "albino" from The Da Vinci Code, Paul Bettany playing the bad guy.
      Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
      -John Wayne
    • I watched Glory Road. That is the movie of the 1966 Western Texas University basketball team that broke the color barrior and let 5 black players play the NCAA national championship game against the Kentucky Wildcats. It was about a team that was put together and went through the bouts of the race problems of the time.

Was a good movie. A must see for the sports fan.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"
      - John Wayne quote
    • Last night I managed to see on TCM, the great crime drama from I think 1949 called: "He Walked By Night" w/ Richard Basehart & Jack Webb? or Richard Webb? (the guy who was on Dragnet-yeah--THAT Webb :) )

This movie was absolutely a brilliant one and I do highly recommend watching it -- especially if you are a fan of that kind of movie. This movie IMO, blows away any competition it might have coming from any of the Dirty Harry movies and movies like: Madigan.

This movie is based on a true story that happened shortly after WWII and takes place in Los Angeles, Calif. An ex-G.I, for some reason; turns to a life of crime. The criminal is played by Richard Basehart & one of the Detectives is played by the "Dragnet" Webb. Whit Bissell, plays the part of a businessman/fence, who deals with the Richard Basehart character.

Also, not to give too much away, if you like Film Noir, this is a perfect example of one.
      Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..
    • Had a few days off with the kid and took her to see "Cars" Great movie for everyone. Had to see X-men 3 and it was worth it. Trailer for Ghost Rider looked terrific. And even though its a western and off the topic a bit, its worth noting that "The Sacketts" finally made it to DVD and I couldnt help myself.