Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,281,591 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• I watched "Bend of the River" with James Stewart this afternoon. I have as much affection for Mr. Stewart as I do for Duke.

• Alright, I know, I know. What was he thinking??? But I watched Underworld:Evolution. I saw the first one so I had to see the 2nd. Ok, now you can put me in time out. Sorry guys :)

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• I watched Glory Road. That is the movie of the 1966 Western Texas University basketball team that broke the color barrior and let 5 black players play the NCAA national championship game against the Kentucky Wildcats. It was about a team that was put together and went through the bouts of the race problems of the time.

Was a good movie. A must see for the sports fan.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• "The Incredibles," an animated feature from Pixar. If you haven't seen this, find a way to do so. Great for kids and adults. If you can view the widescreen DVD, the experience is doubly enhanced.
    Cheers - Jay :D

Cheers - Jay:beer:
    "Not hardly!!!"

• Well I am down in Atlanta for work again, so I watched "Stalag 17" on my laptop. Can never get enough of "animal" !!!

-John Wayne

• Last night I managed to see on TCM, the great crime drama from I think 1949 called: "He Walked By Night" w/ Richard Basehart & Jack Webb? or Richard Webb? (the guy who was on Dragnet-yeah--THAT Webb :) )

This movie was absolutely a brilliant one and I do highly recommend watching it -- especially if you are a fan of that kind of movie. This movie IMO, blows away any competition it might have coming from any of the Dirty Harry movies and movies like: Madigan.

This movie is based on a true story that happened shortly after WWII and takes place in Los Angeles, Calif. An ex-G.I, for some reason; turns to a life of crime. The criminal is played by Richard Basehart & one of the Detectives is played by the "Dragnet" Webb. Whit Bissell, plays the part of a businessman/fence, who deals with the Richard Basehart character.

Also, not to give too much away, if you like Film Noir, this is a perfect example of one.

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Had a few days off with the kid and took her to see "Cars" Great movie for everyone. Had to see X-men 3 and it was worth it. Trailer for Ghost Rider looked terrific. And even though its a western and off the topic a bit, its worth noting that "The Sacketts" finally made it to DVD and I couldnt help myself.

• It was 25 years ago this week (June 12) that the world was first introduced to the intrepid "Dr. Jones" . I remember seeing it on opening day and being totally blown away. To this day I still love this movie. so to celebrate I, of course spent the day watching

"Raiders Of The Lost Ark"

They'd never forget the day,the stranger rode into town

• Hello All
    Picked up a copy of Backdraft. I think the bedroom scene with Kurt Russel and his 'separated wife' aside this is a movie a family could enjoy. Not to be a prude I just think it's not necessary to take the movie into their bedroom. Some interesting special effects.

Greetings from North of the 49th

• Caught the tail end of an early Anthony Quinn movie I think Tuesday night and then watched the next movie w/ Quinn called: Back To Bataan with of course: the Duke. :D

• Hi all,

PAY BACK, with Mel Gibson, I don't know if many
    of you have seen this one, but Mel is in great form
    as a guy called Porter, who is double-crossed by his
    girlfriend and his partner after a robbery. He then sets
    out to get his cut back, A great movie.

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.

• I liked it Emmanuel

I watched "Zathura" with my kids last night. If you are not familar with it it is from the same people who made "Jumanji" that had Robin Williams in it. It was a decent movie.

-John Wayne

• Late last night I watched part of "Ship of Fools" but it was on much too late and I fell asleep--and it was not from boredom--just being exhausted. Yawwwwwnnnnn. :rolleyes:

• Watched Robin Hood starring Mr Flynn. Still good enough for me after all these years.

Greetings from North of the 49th

Originally posted by bopoppa@Jun 14 2006, 03:57 PM
    Had a few days off with the kid and took her to see "Cars" Great movie for everyone. Had to see X-men 3 and it was worth it. Trailer for Ghost Rider looked terrific. And even though its a western and off the topic a bit, its worth noting that "The Sacketts" finally made it to DVD and I couldnt help myself.

[snapback]32202[/snapback]

bopoppa,

We see you are a recent addition to the ranks here at the John Wayne Message Board, so would like to take this opportunity to welcome you!

The Mrs. took our two younger kids to see Cars the other night, and they all loved it! She said she would even pay to see it at the theater again (not too many movies she says that about!). She said it was very well done, and you don't have to be a kid to see it. You will really enjoy the "scenery" of Ornament Valley!

As far as other non-westerns, we have been watching the second season of The Rockford Files, and the kids gave me An American Icon: John Wayne DVD set for Father's Day, so we watched Seven Sinners this afternoon. I had not seen it before and thought it was quite good.

I guess that about covers the waterfront . . . . Again, bopoppa, WELCOME!

Chester :newyear: (along with the Mrs. :angel1:)

• Watched the always endurable funny and GREAT war classic: "Kelly's Heroes" this morning. :D Donald Sutherland completely steals this movie. :lol: :lol:

Big Joe: "What's this?"

Oddball: "Aw man, i'm drinking wine, eating cheese and catching some rays you know." :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Hi all,

With the world cup on there doesn't seem
    to be much time for movies. Three games
    every day. But last night I did see part of

"INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE"

Emmanuel.

Emmanuel.

I'll try one of those black beers....THE QUIET MAN.