Last Non Western You Watched

There are 8,505 replies in this Thread which has previously been viewed 2,336,273 times. The latest Post () was by OriginalMexicanBob.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!

• '
    I blame Gary Busey for screwing up that movie Jay. To me he just brings a "cheapness" to the movie that drags it down to a "B" movie level.

Todd, Did you watch the Segal flick "Under Siege"? That would have been a much better movie without Busey, I thought. He just rubs me the wrong way.

De gustibus non est disputandum

• Watched: Horatio Hormblower: Duty. Nice enough and later Horatio Hornblower installment. I wonder how many H.H's they made? At least 8 installments I think?

Es Ist Verboten Mit Gefangenen In Einzelhaft Zu Sprechen..

• Just watched last night Nobody's Fool with Paul Newman, Bruce Willis, Jessica Tandy (her last movie; died before release of this movie), and Melaine Griffin. Not a bad movie, but rated "R" due to language and nudity. Had some good funny lines. Newman is a good actor no matter his politics.

Cheers, :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Fighting the Giants - great football movie, great faith movie!

Mrs. C :angel1:

(Chester was pooped out from being out in the hot sun at the hot dog cart, so he missed tonight's viewing.)

Well, I got to watch this movie last night myself. Our ten-year old son was encouraging me to watch it, and as it turned out, I was very happy he did. It was a great movie from many different perspectives.

Chester :newyear:

• Watch The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers with the kids last night. Socked in with snow and stir crazy!!!

Life is hard, its even harder when your stupid!!
    -John Wayne

• It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World a very funny movie with an all-star comedy cast. You gotta see this movie.

Cheers :cool:

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it"

- John Wayne quote

• Watched Patton (tho I have it on DvD) last night on AMC and decided to watch Cool Hand Luke (tho I have this one on DvD too) on the same station this morning.

• Watched the Duke in McQ, today on AMC before coming here to use the computers.

And not joking, my Cat - Shasta (who's also pregnant) likes to sit on my lap watching John Wayne's movies. It all started with Big Jake.

• Watched McQ as well, then stuck around for North to Alaska, one of my all time favorites. Since I couldn't get outside because of the storms, it was a perfect time to stay inside and enjoy some good movies.:ohwell:

Stay thirsty my friends.

• Saw another of the Horatio Hornblower movies last night, called: Duel -- which is my favorite of this series so far. Ioan Gruffudth is a darn fine actor.

Later in the evening, I did catch some of: North To Alaska, as well but was too tired to stay up and finish it.

• Watched last night a pretty good movie. Cary Grant in Room for one More. A 1952 movie and a family helping undeserved children. Not on video or DVD. Someone recorded it on TV years ago and let us watch it. Seen parts of the movie, but never the whole movie. Watch it if you can.

- John Wayne quote

• Just finished watching The Devil wears Prada, with Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. A charming movie (not!). But it was entertaining.

- John Wayne quote

• The Sea Wolf (1941) starring Edward G. Robinson, John Garfield, and Ida Lupino. Also features great supporting performances by Barry Fitzgerald and Gene Lockhart as two of the crew members. A great moody, atmospheric thriller featuring Robinson as the tough, renegade captain of a tramp schooner aptly named the "Ghost." If you liked The Long Voyage Home, you'll like this. They were both made about the same time and even feature some of the same actors. Great seafaring dramas, both.

"I am not intoxicated - yet." McLintock!